1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Finally getting some use out of the "new" truck.

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Mark13, Sep 11, 2010.

1. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Figured I would post some pictures of what I've been doing with my truck since I got it. Nothing to special or heavy.

[​IMG]
    Bed full of tools from building demo combines.
    [​IMG]
    New Rims for work's field sprayer. 46x12. 532lbs each.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The trailer was pointed downhill and the truck was on level ground so it wasn't squatting as bad as it looks in the picture.
    [​IMG]
    And at school with it. They were not impressed.
    [​IMG]

3. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

Mark I love the new truck!! Any chance you could post up a pic of your switch set-up for the light bar? Thanks!

4. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I'll grab a pic sometime. I have the lighbar controller from FS, no switches or anything in the truck.

5. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

still looks like its squating here :)

6. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

It was squatting, but not as bad as the driveway picture kinda makes it look like. It needs airbags.

7. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Glad you are getting alot of good use out of your new truck Mark. When are you getting a plow?

8. GMCHD plower

Ok thanks Mark, haha so they weren't very impressed when your parked your truck/trailer at school eh? lol

9. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I just ordered all the truckside stuff from Jim yesterday, the plow is waiting for me, just have to give the final word on it and hand over some money lol.

No, school security told me it was unacceptable. I got a $50 ticket for taking more then 1 spot but got it reduced to a warning. The officer was busy explaining their huge parking problem that starts at 9am and how those 7 spots would be valuable. My class gets out at 8:45am so I'd be long gone by 9. And there was easily 50+ open spaces yet in the lot at about 9:15am when he was explaining the parking problem to me. :D

10. GMCHD plower

[/QUOTE] No, school security told me it was unacceptable. I got a $50 ticket for taking more then 1 spot but got it reduced to a warning. The officer was busy explaining their huge parking problem that starts at 9am and how those 7 spots would be valuable. My class gets out at 8:45am so I'd be long gone by 9. And there was easily 50+ open spaces yet in the lot at about 9:15am when he was explaining the parking problem to me. :D[/QUOTE]

haha shows that he's not that smart lol...

11. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

No, school security told me it was unacceptable. I got a $50 ticket for taking more then 1 spot but got it reduced to a warning. The officer was busy explaining their huge parking problem that starts at 9am and how those 7 spots would be valuable. My class gets out at 8:45am so I'd be long gone by 9. And there was easily 50+ open spaces yet in the lot at about 9:15am when he was explaining the parking problem to me. :D[/QUOTE]

haha shows that he's not that smart lol...[/QUOTE]

It was entertaining when I took the ticket into their office to ask about it. The officer in the office (not the one who gave me the ticket) goes "You've got the black truck pulling that big thing behind it?" To which I replied "Yes, I've got the black truck pulling the gooseneck" He just looked at me and then said we should walk out there and look at it to make sure we're talking about the right vehicle.

As if anyone else had a setup like mine at school that day to get it confused with. :dizzy:

12. GMCHD plower

It was entertaining when I took the ticket into their office to ask about it. The officer in the office (not the one who gave me the ticket) goes "You've got the black truck pulling that big thing behind it?" To which I replied "Yes, I've got the black truck pulling the gooseneck" He just looked at me and then said we should walk out there and look at it to make sure we're talking about the right vehicle.

As if anyone else had a setup like mine at school that day to get it confused with. :dizzy:[/QUOTE]

WOW all I can say is WOW, like you said "as if anyone else had a set-up like that" I hate it when people know so little they can't even give something a name thats even close to the real one, you know like "the big trailer" or something, even if they dont call it a gooseneck.:mechanic:

13. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I don't remember if I said gooseneck or big trailer but whichever it was still left him confused as to what was going on.

14. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

Look like trailer was empty expect those small thing and that truck SQUATTING big time.

If it was me I would add overload spring on it. I don't think I ever see Chevy with overload leaf spring.

I should have get pictures of my superduty tow 26K trailer with skidsteer on. :laughing:

15. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

The trailer had the frame for a chisel plow on it. Not sure what it weighs, 3k maybe? We needed a trailer that big for the size of the frame, not the weight of it. And the diesel tank on the front of the trailer was full. There was a little weight on it but it was the first time I'd used my gooseneck so I didn't know how it was going to do.

I've pulled 26k with a couple different Chevy pickups, probably did better then any Ford would have.

16. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

nice truck mark! going back to long beds after the short beds is awesome. and its a really sharp truck, is it a 20+5? can they legally give you a ticket?? i mean do you get a ticket at a parking lot when you park with a trailer?

17. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Thanks, I'm lovin the long bed after having a short bed. The trailer is a 23+5 I think.

I got the ticket reduced to a warning but I didn't look at the ticket very closely before they said I could get a warning instead since I didn't know that I couldn't park like that beforehand. It's a local community college and there is always police officers around there from the town that's near-by helping with traffic problems. I'm not sure if there is any officers around the lot but the school has their own security and stuff.

18. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

What are you putting on it for a plow.

19. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

A Red one. :cool:

20. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

boss 9'2 still? time for airbags! also did your old b&w out of your 1500 switch right over into the new truck?