1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Finally getting my new shop

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by NoFearDeere, Oct 14, 2010.

1. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Ive been waiting since July and the builders finally started this week on my 40x54 shop. Should be done next week. Garage doors, new electric service and concrete by the end of next week. Will upload all the pics I have so far tonight when I get home. I will tell you one thing....nothing is cheap about building a new garage!!!

2. StormRanger

StormRanger Member
    from NorEast

I think thats actually the size I plan on having built. 3 cars wide, 2 deep, but with enough room for a work bench, lift, storage, all the good stuff.
    Having it built from block or pole barn style?
    Definitely keep us updated with pics.
    I figured $30k, how far off am i?

3. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Insulated and heated?

4. NoFearDeere

Next year I will do that. Just getting it up for now. Might insulate it this winter since it's going to snow like crazy and we're all going to be millionaires!!!;)

5. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Sounds good, I'm sure it will be nice!

Maybe it will snow like millionaires and we will all be crazy!:dizzy:

6. NoFearDeere

Here are some pictures of the ground before the building started. Then a few of my skid loader and the builder's Case 450 (very nice loader!) And then some more pics of the progress this past week. Let me know what ya think!

ground before 1.jpg

ground before 2.jpg

posts.jpg

posts 2.jpg

posts 3.jpg

7. NoFearDeere

Some more of the pics...

posts 4.jpg

posts 5.jpg

posts 6.jpg

skids.jpg

skids 2.jpg

8. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

40x54 is a really nice sized shop. Congrats.

9. MogMan

MogMan Senior Member
    from Qc

Nice !

I don`t have to go to The Gararge Journal anymore to get my garage pron on. I can stay right here.

10. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Congrats on the man cave!

11. MIDTOWNPC

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

I just spent an hour on that site. :nod: so many ideas now.

40 x 50 would be awesome

12. bigbadbrad

bigbadbrad Senior Member

wow never seen one built like that before, you do it diffrent then we do it up here

13. MogMan

MogMan Senior Member
    from Qc

I forgot to mention to never go on that site unless you can take a couple days off.

14. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

x2

How are they building that?

15. Jt13speed

Jt13speed Senior Member

cant wait to see it finished. I see your slowly changing the fleet from GM trucks to Dodges lol nice

16. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

how deep did they put the 4x4's? thats about the same way i want to build my shop as soon as my ford stops robbing all my money lol. are you going to do steel sides?:drinkup:

17. NoFearDeere

Here's a few more pics I took tonight. Had to include my car hauler! :) It is a Wick Pole shed, 40x54. Will have the top 12" in the clear see-thru material to let some light in each side, north and south side. Im having concrete poured next week for the entrances, and then 2 10x10 overhead doors with openers installed. After that a new 200 amp service to the building. Im hoping to get a little loft or second level storage area put in the back before snow flies but im not holding out much hope! The posts are set 3 to 4 feet in the ground in concrete, really is turning out nice. I will put up more pics after the builders get done working Monday!

building.jpg

building 2.jpg

building 3.jpg

building 4.jpg

18. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Must be a nice feeling to have a shop like that. Looks great.

19. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

Time for a Hoe-Down......

20. Jello1

Jello1 Senior Member

Very nice size. Looks really good. But just curious. Seeing as Pa and ILL are about the same for being in colder climates. What's your average snowfall? Most around here are 4' on center trusses. I'd be scared with 8' on center. as i can see you have. But usually 2x4 rafters are the norm here. Maybe with the 2x8 rafters they have higher weight loads.