1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Finally found a truck!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by WilliamOak, Oct 11, 2008.

1. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

Like the title says I finally found a truck! Signed everything and all that this afternoon and before you guys ask I'll have pics up tomorrow.

2001 Dodge Ram 2500
    Reg cab 8' bed
    Red
    5.9 gas
    plow prep
    4x4
    71,000 miles

2. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

What did you get it for? :)

3. WilliamOak

I got a good deal lol. I bought it from a dealer in Dekalb who is good friends with my uncle. He replaced everything and anything that needed replacing, changed the oil etc. If everything hadn't been fixed I wouldnt say I got such a good deal but with the peace of mind behind it now I believe got an awesome deal lol.

4. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

About time colin. :D

Hopefully its a good truck. Now hurry it up with those pictures.

5. WilliamOak

I could throw up some dealer photo's if you want that to hold you over? I wont be able to get pics up until later tomorrow. going to pick up the trailer that I bought in the morning then it's on to mowing.... WITH A TRUCK AND TRAILER, lol I'm pretty damn excited.

6. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Nahh that's ok. I can picture what a red 2500 4x4 dodge with a reg cab and a long bed looks like.

Where's most of your accounts at?

7. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Hmm, that's odd. We have an Oakwood Landscaping here in Peoria, weird.

8. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Man, must be along drive from up here down there just to mow a few lawns. :D

9. WilliamOak

Mark, everything I do is in Cary, I am 17 y.o. and am keeping everything pretty low key right now but have everything worked out to go legit at 18 if I choose to carry on with my own venture. Oh and I really call it Oakwood Landscape Concepts, but thats too long for a username here so Oakwood Land. it is.

10. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I figured being 17 or 18 you weren't all over the place. I'm rarely in cary but do enough driving around that I'm sure I'll see your stuff somewhere.

11. WilliamOak

I'll probably end up seeing you eventually mark, I'm planning on keeping the trailer at the stable my mom has her horse at on 176. or maybe I'll give george (peters) a call to see if it wouldn't be a problem to stash it somewhere on his property.

12. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

What barn on 176? The one between dean and sunnyside?

My truck is pretty easy to identify, never seen another that matches it.

13. WilliamOak

silver fern, black sign. I really don't know for sure what I'm gonna do yet as far as keeping the trailer somewhere goes. should know by monday.

14. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I've got no idea where that's at,lol.

No room at your house or a friends to keep it down by you?

15. WilliamOak

My house... no way lol, I'm lucky enough to be alive after steadily taking over 1/2 our garage with mowers amd everything else. lol. Actually now that I think of it maybe it would fit backed into the garage... just maybe. I'm gonna try to entertain the thought of finding somewhere by me, might even mae sense to rant a parking space at a storage place.... I'd probably spend the same in gas coming to and from woodstock.

16. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I'm assuming the trailer is open and if you wanted to keep stuff on it I wouldn't feel safe leaving it at a lot somewhere. You could keep whatever you wanted on that trailer if it was at the farm and no one would mess with it ever. I'm sure during the winter you could probably leave it at the farm behind one of the buildings so its out of everyones way until spring time.

17. WilliamOak

I was thinking the farm was my best bet. I'm sure I can find somewhere that's out of the way. I have to give him a call tomorrow, kinda rude to show up with a trailer asking to keep there IMO lol.

18. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Just pull in and dump it off behind one of the sheds. I think they will be out doing beans so they won't know you were even there,lol.

I'd offer to let you keep it here at my house behind our shed but we have enough trailers to walk around already. :cool: Its like musical trailers when it comes time to mow around/under them.

19. WilliamOak

lol, I'll just put a sign on it...SURPRISE, didn't think you'd find me... lol. I wouldnt be surprised if they didnt realize it was back there until I come to grab it the next week lol.

20. WilliamOak

or maybe I could sneak it in behind the seeder, they won't find it until spring!