1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

finally found a someone to repair my broken SALT DOGG CONTROLLERS

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by pvtben121, Jan 21, 2015.

1. pvtben121

pvtben121 Senior Member

I was surfing ebay looking to buy a new controller.When there was an ad to repair salt contollers. So i figured what the heck.
    It said for $75 he will do everything he can for it to run. If not i owe him nothing.So i sent both of my broken boxes. One the spinner wouldnt turn on and the other was the auger. As this video shows he fixed them both.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMlHxFO7g_k

2. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

I don't know hot to copy and paste your link on youtube to make it work. Could you actually either post his email address or an actual link so I can save this for future reference please?

3. pvtben121

pvtben121 Senior Member

4. fishandson

fishandson Member

This may be asking the obvious.. But was he able to fix it? I have one I need fixed

5. jerpa

jerpa Member

I would say yes.

6. JustJeff

Thank you Sir.

7. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care Senior Member

Salt doggs are junk. I wouldn't even bother having it get fix. You will end up spending more money to have it fixed again and again. Just buy a better brand of Salter. That's what I did.

8. JustJeff

Dumb-***ed comment. The salters are fine. Plenty of people running them all over this site with no problems whatsoever. The controllers ARE junk, but if you can get a better controller, or the factory one repaired for a decent price you're just fine.

9. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

That's interesting. We have 6 of them and have not had any major problems.

10. Dustin-M

Dustin-M Junior Member

SaltDogg has now introduced a new controller for their spreaders. I have been running it this winter with no issues other than a blown internal 40A fuse. I would suggest making the switch to the Karrier spreader controllers, over purchasing or repairing an older SaltDogg OEM.