1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Finally finished

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by 2012F350, Dec 19, 2013.

1. 2012F350

2012F350 Junior Member
    from None

2012 F350 Powerstroke with 8ft Fisher HD. Still have a lighting harness to fix once my weather pack connectors get here but it works.

2. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

Tough looking rig!
  3. jb1390

jb1390 Senior Member

Thank you for sharing, it's a nice looking rig.
  4. gallihersnow

gallihersnow Senior Member

Nice truck!
  5. 2012F350

2012F350 Junior Member
    from None

Thanks guys. Have to wait for some real snow to see how it plows but I can say that the front end of this F350 handles the weight of the plow better than my 03' 2500HD Duramax did. The Silverado had everything else going for it though, lol. This truck could use some ballast in the bed because with the plow hanging off the front it's even more useless in 2wd than it was before.
  6. 2012F350

2012F350 Junior Member
    from None

Crappy cell pic but this was my 03' 2500 HD Duramax/Allison that wasn't quite stock but that's the same 8' HD plow.

7. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Nice, congrats.
  8. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

very nice truck, ford and fisher is a great combo
  9. hackitdown

hackitdown Member

Very nice setup.
  10. 2012F350

2012F350 Junior Member
    from None

I would like to put wings and a foil on it. Really want the foil for that fluffy snow that blows over the top of the plow and plasters the windshield.
  11. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care Senior Member

Good looking rig!
  12. weekendwrench

weekendwrench Senior Member

Nice truck. I just traded in its gas powered twin a few months ago. I can’t tell if you got the continentals tires on it if you do take em off and burn them! Those were the worst tires I have ever had on a truck. I run 1000 lbs in the bed all winter fixes the lack of 2wd traction.

Are those fender flairs really screwed to the side of the truck or just held in place with emblem tape?
  13. 2012F350

2012F350 Junior Member
    from None

The flares use the plastic removable rivets in the fender lip just like factory flares and a bit of 3m double sided tape around the outside edge. No screws in the fenders, lol. As for the tires, they are the Michelin's.
  14. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

I like your ford and the Chevy you had.
  15. Jguck25

Jguck25 Senior Member

Just curious, but what makes you say other than the front end the Chevy had everything else going for it?
  16. Jguck25

Jguck25 Senior Member

Great truck by the way, thinking about getting one myself next year
  17. jmac5058

jmac5058 Senior Member

I just made a move like this only my 3500 diesel Chevy was a 2009 and was going to buy a new one until I drove the F-350 Stroke . Theres nothing better about the Chevy I could find , ride ,power, milage, interior and overall tightness and quietness . And I love how the torquflight transmition works showing what gear your in at all times and locking up the converter allowing the motor to lug along at 800 -900 rpms when driving easy like a diesel should. Cant say it plows way better or holds the plow way better , the Chevy was damn good also.
  18. 2012F350

2012F350 Junior Member
    from None

The torsion bar front end wasn't exactly what I would call work truck grade suspension. It did how ever have a 10 times better ride. I also got better MPG with the chevy, even when it was stock. I like the interior better on the chevy than my 9 year newer ford. They both pull trailers about the same but again, the chevy got better MPG doing that too. I guess the chevy was more comfortable for me. I am also more a Chevy guy but I couldn't pass on the deal on the Ford.
  19. Jguck25

Jguck25 Senior Member

the mpg thing could be because you said the chevy wasnt stock, the ford is.. but i hear you on the ifs thing, definitely a more comfortable ride, but not as tough. it is a one ton truck though lol tune and delete that 6.7 and ill bet the mpgs will be better than the chevy.

that being said, where are you from and is the chevy for sale?
  20. LawnGuy110

LawnGuy110 Senior Member

Thats a good lookin rig!