1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Finally figured out my shovel issues!!!

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by MarineSniper, Dec 18, 2010.

1. MarineSniper

MarineSniper Member
    from CT

Last season, no issues with carrying small blower in back of the Jeep. This season, with the Daniels on the back, the tailgate/hatch is unusable. Spent the past days building roof racks to carry my SnowPlow shovels but the top is really not very sturdy. Ended up using quick fist clamps and notching out the bumperettes. Very solid mounts. Should make it a bit quicker for my shovel guy to grab his weapon of choice, and no snow in the Jeep.

2. bigdan

bigdan Junior Member

Nice- my jeep reeks of 2 cycle fuel and wet carpet all winter. Could you share a closer picture of the mounts? Thanks.
  3. cjshloman

cjshloman Senior Member

Nice set up. where in ct are ya? We have to get a jeep/plow gtg someday and exchange ideas....
  4. Luppy

Luppy Senior Member

Nice and neat - me likey. I got a few things in the way
    that wouldn't allow me to do anything like but for many
    years now I've been using a bungy up front. Think I'll use two
    for this high dollar shovel. [​IMG]

5. MarineSniper

MarineSniper Member
    from CT

Sure thing- passenger side quick fist is mounted using the existing hinge bolt. Driver side, mounted with one small screw through the bottom section of the hardtop. Shovel blades are resting inside "channels" I cut in the bumperettes.

I only use this Jeep for snow plowing, but I did not wish to start drilling holes unnecessarily through the hardtop or body.

6. havenlax18

havenlax18 Senior Member

very very nice. were can i buy these clips locally?
  7. MarineSniper

MarineSniper Member
    from CT

No idea where locally. I bought them online. Google "Quick Fist". Come in a bunch of different sizes. I use them to hold down everything from flashlights, tools, fire extinguishers, air tanks.
  8. foxxracer278

foxxracer278 Junior Member

my local home depot has them
  9. Nielubie

Nielubie Junior Member

I love your setup. Thanks for the pics and info. Time to make some purchases. :)
  10. darood01

darood01 Member
    from GR, MI

Any pics of the pull plow and what size did you get? How do you like it?
  11. punisher2010

punisher2010 Junior Member

mind if i "borrow" yor idea..thats real clean and neat
  12. Hubjeep

Hubjeep Senior Member

13. MarineSniper

MarineSniper Member
    from CT

Have at it. Works out very well,
  14. afekete

afekete Member
    from NJ

Shovel Holder

I have a thule twin bike mount on the spare tire carrier and we stow two shovels using the carrier. The Thule mount has frame tube holders and flexible tie downs which work perfect for holding shovel handles.

Haven't lost a shovel yet!!