1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Finally done time to sleep!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by lawn king, Dec 23, 2009.

1. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

Finished the last of the snow removal @ 3:00 this morning. This work being the backlash of that kick ass storm that hit us late saturday 12 19.
  2. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Must be nice to get plowable snow. All we got was like wheat flour falling from the sky. You could not even see it in the street lights. Got just enough to cover the windshield. Pretty much all we have done is burn salt in this area.
  3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

How were people reacting to you being done 5 days later?
  4. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

I dont know about him, but I was getting calls into yesterday (Wed) from Sundays Storm. Some people just dont plan ahead. It finally caught up to me yesterday too. I was asleep on the couch at 7 pm.
  5. lawn king

Everything was plowed from the main event. We started the night work monday, site relocation and removal, all commercial accounts.
  6. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

i hope everything went well, congrats
  7. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

we got calls for 3 days after the storm just to clean up and move snow.....
  8. lawn king

My billing for relocation/removal is twice as much as my plowing invoices. You know its a kick ass storm when your numbers play out that way!
  9. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

and I bet you didn't get any pics
  10. lawn king

I tried to grab a disposable camera at mobil on the run but they were out. It was so intense during the storm i never even booted my netbook!

TAZPUSHER Junior Member

Must be nice,We've only salted a couple of times this year..no real snow even in the long term forcast
  12. lawn king

Last season we had very little after storm machine work or snow trucking! Some of our banks had 50% loss of parking due to snowbanks and they simply wouldnt spend a dime to remove or even relocate?