1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Finally didn't get a bid

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by RLM, Sep 18, 2009.

1. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

It's weird I'm happy to just hear somthing. I have so many proposals/bids out & no one will commit, seems like there draging their feet, maybe its just me. 6 more proposals & bids to complete before Monday.
  2. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

How much higher was your price compared to the winning bidder?
  3. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

It's good to know I'm not the only one in that boat.

Chaps my ass to hear some of these guys bragging about being all set. :mad:
  4. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

This side of the state is the same. Got a few back, got a whole mulch more out yet. :nod: :eek:
  5. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Same here nearly 100% on previous stuff back or have good feeling it will be back, but STILL A TON OUT THERE.
  6. snowguys

snowguys Senior Member

im not trying to bust on anyone ir anything but if you think about it i know for me i live in chicago every lot has to be plowed just have to get out there and get your name out there
  7. lawnprolawns

lawnprolawns Senior Member

Ditto. I have two commercial contracts in hand. I have a good feeling about a few others and I should know within a week or two, but.. I dont want to wait any more. Im not worried about residentials yet.. I have to call everyone and put out a few thousand postcards..

I wish people would at least tell me no.. haha.
  8. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Man !!! there is nothing worse than a chapped ass! :)
  9. lawnprolawns

lawnprolawns Senior Member

Oh geeze. lol.
  10. big acres

big acres Senior Member

Sorry man, guilty as charged! We've had a golden horseshoe up our *ss this season. Came back with a 3 year deal on a 7 acre lot where front is 1" full service and rear is big yard 3" but plenty of clean-up and stacking... boss asked me who I blew, lol.

Hang in there though, last year I remember all of us wondering when the hell decisions would be made well into late October... i think the next week or two will bring stuff in. Good luck.
  11. salopez

salopez Senior Member

I just lots a large bid because my truck rate was 5 dollars an hour high, and my equipment list was too big....they felt that I was going to use too much equipment, not that it was an estimate or anything....

one more to brickman baby...lol
  12. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

I have no idea it was through a management co. I still have some (40%) renewals out, we signed 3 new properties (about 1K a push) for this season. Trying to get staffing in order, thats hard when you don't know how many people, trucks, etc. I've met with loader dealer to check inventory (If I need another....wife will freak), they have a couple. Just frustrated my renewals went out in late June bidding since then as well.
  13. Ne1

Ne1 Senior Member

I'm in the same boat here. Tons of contracts out and nobody making any decisions. Very hard to plan on equipment, man power etc all at the last minute.
  14. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

mike have you noticed the clouds lately, the lake effect rain clouds look just like snow clouds. Kevin Williams said early weather models have us getting pounded this winter.
  15. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

I have noticed the lake effect rain, yesterday. Traditionally if we've had a wet summer, the winters tend to be dry from memory at least. Just deal as it comes.