1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

finally did it!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jay77, Jan 15, 2005.

1. jay77

jay77 Junior Member

well i finally broke down and bought a plow for my 04 f250. i gotta 8ft western ultra mount w/1000 tailgate spreader. day after i got it we had a lil 3 inch snow that only required spreading some ice melt and i made my chemical cost plus some back :D after i got the truck home i put a set of timbrens on the front and rear and was really surprised at the difference they made. ill post some pics soon . total price for plow and spreader was $5800 its a really sharp looking set up ! cant wait for a good snow :nod:

2. Cfdff85

Cfdff85 Member

Sounds like a hell of a setup, Why did you choose to put timbrens on the front and back? JW cause alot of guys only do front sets.
    Hope is snows for ya!!

3. MOW ME OVER

MOW ME OVER Senior Member

Jay what springs do you have in the front? Are they 5200 pound springs or smaller. I was very surprised when my front end only dropped 1/2 inch with the plow up and the ride is not bad at all on my 02 F350 with 7.3psd.

I thought before I got the plow installed that I should plan on putting Trimbrens on the front but I dont think I need to.

4. jay77

jay77 Junior Member

not sure what springs i have on there ill check that out tomorrow . i put them on the front and rear cause i hate any sag what so ever ! the company my dad works for runs bout 20 plow trucks and the owners son had like a 00 f250 and after like 3 seasons of plowing he said the front end like permanently sagged. my front end didnt drop but maybe an inch w/o them but just for added protection i put them on . ill post some pics here soon

5. VnDrWLawnCare

VnDrWLawnCare Member

Hey JAY

I am from Springfield, IL. I was wondering were you got your western from?? I understand that we are probably not comparing apples to apples with the plow and truck situation, but i was wondering how much you payed for the plow alone. Does that include installation?? For a 1500 series GMC I was quoted a price of about 4500 installed for a 7.6 steel blade. That seemed kinda steep to me.

Let me know.
    Thanks
    Eric

6. repo_man62

repo_man62 Senior Member

Check out pics i've posted of my 1500

7. kenslandscaping

kenslandscaping Junior Member

Eric,

Give Quality Truck a look in Bloomington. They were great. They are also on ebay with some plows under the seller id " terryreid ". The Lady you want to talk to there is Marty. She pretty much runs the place. I got a western ultramount pro plus with install on my powerstroke for about 3700 or so.

Ken

8. VnDrWLawnCare

VnDrWLawnCare Member

Repo Man

Where can i find the pics you have posted?

If i can remember you have posted a few on here recently and you have an 8 footer on your truck??

Post a link if you would. Much appreciated

Kenslandscaping--Thanks for your reply. That seems like a much more reasonable price, and the blade you got is probably heavier duty than one i might be looking at. Thanks again

Eric

9. jay77

jay77 Junior Member

i got my plow at Midwest Systems Truck Equipment in St.Louis the plow was about $3800 and all together with the spreader the total was like $5800. i looked at a 7.5 and and decided to go with the 8 it was only like $75 extra. there # is 800 518 7705 and ask for jim rogers hes the owner .