1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Finally building my own plow!!

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by IPLOWSNO, Dec 6, 2015.

1. IPLOWSNO

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

Had a kid say he could fix my old one up, well he had it a month was supposed to take a day, finally got it back he cut all his work off because I called him a hack!!

Picked steel , welder and assorted **** and commenced hacking. The welder sucks but if I drop it off and have a guy finish weld it so be it!!

She's an easy 2' tall x 6 ' wide!! Can't post pics but may put up a vid of it later!

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Huh?......

3. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

Allow me to explain.....

WHAT?!?!

4. dieselss

Oh ok. That clearly clears that up.

5. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Probably the worst build thread so far....

6. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Worthless without pics

Then again it might be worthless with pics.

7. Sawboy

No way. I won't invoke his return by saying his name, but trust me, there are build threads way worse than this one.....

8. BMWSTUD25

BMWSTUD25 Senior Member

Looks good man................I'm assuming

9. IPLOWSNO

a month and a half ago, I dropped my old plow off to get fixed the guy had a month to do what he said would be a week.

I heard every excuse you can think of, he finally sent a pic of his work, I wanted my plow back asap! He kept it another 2 weeks. When he returned it he cut all his work off.

So basically left me with out a plow, it's just to hacked up to be worth it,
    I got everything I need and she's just about to be fully welded but the pos I got isn't up to the task,

Atleast it will be where I want it before it gets welded up!!

10. dieselss

So where's the pics?

11. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Wow,

Bird moved to NY....

I'm sure to be closer to GVThumbs Up

12. Sawboy

I didn't say it! We know who to blame when he shows up now!

13. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

I miss the mislead little guy.

14. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

You're one cwazy wabbit!!!:waving:

15. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

Gotta see two things, pics of this plow, and bird at Grandviews fire pit. :yow!: :dizzy:

16. Mike_

Mike_ Senior Member

Hope you get it all back together before the snow flies, it's still pretty warm here in Missouri.

17. IPLOWSNO

Yea we normally already have snow, kid just kept saying he was almost done for 4 weeks!

I got it all together, got to brake the blade and get it finished welded, those cheap welded are cheap but it let me tack it all together,

I'm posting over my phone so I can't post pics is there a new phone type forum or Facebook post

18. Mike_

Mike_ Senior Member

Somewhere on your mobile browser you should be able to "request desktop site" and be able to upload pics.

19. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Have any of our UTV guys thought of using a gravely snow plow blade for your conversions. They are on CL pretty cheap and will save a lot of time in fabricating your own plow from scratch. Please post pics as well. Stay away from 110v welders when doing this stuff that is all I can say. Good luck.

20. IPLOWSNO

Atleast it let me tack it together, that's where all the time goes, fitting pieces the welding is the easy part!

Calling now to see if I can rent a good welder right now