1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Finally back drag edges for my V blade

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Brian Young, Oct 25, 2009.

1. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I have a proto-type back drag edge for my Fisher Extreme V blade. I had a set from Fisher when my plow was new but they never fit right so I just gave up until now. I have my plows serviced by Jerre's and he told me he was going to put a set of new back drag edges on as a test run for Fisher V blades. I was a bit leery due to my experience with the OEM set I had then took back. We picked up several residential accounts this year so I was more than happy to try them out. Any one with a Extreme V knows they're not the best at back dragging, so I said heck yeah I'll try them. So far seeing them in the day light I can tell you they look to be built heavy duty as hell. The real test wont happen for probably a few weeks yet. I do know if I can post pics of them, I'll have to ask Jerre. As soon as I get some use one them I'll post my experiences both good and bad (if any). Just by looking at them it looks like we're off to a good start.

2. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Brian, go ahead and post picts if you want. I won't start uploading picts till next week sometime. J

3. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

any chance of a set for a boss v? our blizzard spoiled me when it came to back dragging

4. jimspro

jimspro Senior Member

i have 3 boss v's and don't have any problem with backdragging

5. Brian Young

Not to be rude guys but lets not turn this into a "well I have this and it does...." This is just a new piece of equipment we're trying out to possibly save some guys time and effort and get better results in less time.

6. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Sooo Brian....wheres the pics???

7. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

We've got them for the Boss's in the works. Right now the Steel V's are being formed and welded, The poly V's are in process.

The Blizzard 810's are done too. Working on the Blizzard straight blades.

Jerre

8. Brian Young

Pics of the new back drag edges coming tomorrow I promise! So far we really haven't had any snow to speak of. :cry: Now keep in mind these are a proto-type set so my cutting edge still needs to be worn down about 3/16 to get both the edges even. I will say so far, just the little added weight has made a small difference. The blade doesn't lift too bad until about 3/4 down the driveway vs. about 5ft (before new edges) when back dragging a average 40ish foot driveway. I might just go up on I-90 and drop the blade for an 8th of a mile ;)

9. ontario026

ontario026 Senior Member

Lets see the pics!!!! my extremeV'd love a set! Any idea of costs Jerre?

10. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Very interested in these.

11. Brian Young

From what I remember talking with Jerre, I THINK the set was around 250-300 bucks???. But again he can give you exact prices.

12. Brian Young

Here are the pics.....

P1020754.jpg

P1020755.jpg

P1020756.jpg

P1020757.jpg

13. Brian Young

A couple more. I didn't realize how rusty that plow is getting down low.

P1020758.jpg

P1020759.jpg

14. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

That looks great. And I guess when you replace your cutting edge, you could just bolt on a fresh piece of flat stock on the back. Is there still room for a ratchet for the cutting edge bolts, or do you have to use a wrench?

Nice yellow paint, too. I like that :nod:

15. Brian Young

Thats what I was thinking too, (welding a new piece of flat stock). Its hollow underneath so there is plenty of room for a wrench to grab the nut. There are several gussets throughout the underneath.

16. ontario026

ontario026 Senior Member

So I guess we have to wait for you to get some snow now for a full report??

Matthew

17. Brian Young

Yeah, so far this season is a joke! Maybe some next week but the local guys are down playing any weather for a while. Accuweather says major snow Christmas Eve through the following week.

18. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

They look very good.

19. ontario026

ontario026 Senior Member

Brian, any update on how this edge performs??

20. M.S.P.M.

M.S.P.M. Senior Member

I dont know what the difference is but if you google back drage edge there is a company that has a very similar design.