1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Finally - All done Chevy 1500

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Chandlerarms, Dec 24, 2011.

1. Chandlerarms

Chandlerarms Senior Member

Its been a long 2 months, but I have everything ready to go, and how I want it - pretty much!

2001 SIlverado 1500 4 X 4 Z71
    BOSS Superduty 7'6"
    SnowEx 575
    Strobes N More E series Amber (rear).
    Front end Timbrens

Had a tough time figureing out how to mount the spreader controller- and it turned out I had the "tools' right there with me, but it turned out nice - at least I think so!

I appreciate everyones help on this site - I know I will continue to tap into the wealth of knowledge available here!

Again thanks!

front.jpg

truck4.jpg

truck6.jpg

LED switch.jpg

truck salt.jpg

2. zr900

zr900 Junior Member

Looks good. How much does that plow weigh?

3. Chandlerarms

The BOSS site says 680lbs. Standard duty is around 630lbs. I took me a while to decide to "upgrade" to the Super Duty. After numerous discussions - I decided on the Super Duty. I have 500lbs of ballast and Timbrens. In only drops an inch with the Timbrens. WIthout them, it was a few inches.

4. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Looks good. And just remember, Don't go any faster than you want hit something. :laughing:

5. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

nice setup. that plow looks good on your truck

6. CSLC

CSLC Senior Member

How do you like the E series lights?

7. Chandlerarms

Turffscapes -

I like them. Though I had a tough time getting them to work (didn't have a proper ground- so not the fault of the product) they work good now. If you truly know what you are doing from the start - they are easy to install.

They are a little off axis so I think I loose a little light, but they are good. I don't have anything to compare them too though. I posted some video (in the strobes section). The video doesn't display the true light output (sorry used an I phone). I would love to hear from someone who has any experience with these LED's & others (Whelen Vertex)?