1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Finally about ready i thought

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by cpsnowremoval, Dec 18, 2009.

1. cpsnowremoval

cpsnowremoval Senior Member

My 87 f150 got the plow on and working but the mount is too low so hits ends of driveways. just when i thought i was done back it out the driveway and hit pretty bad talk about being mad. but the truck drives great with the plow on almost like its not even there. the mount came off an f250 which sits way higher. so got to modify more:mad:

Picture 028.jpg

Picture 029.jpg

Picture 030.jpg

2. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

You need air bags in those front springs, Then there's no squatting.

3. cpsnowremoval

yea i want to get some air lift 1000 bags
    the pic makes it look more because the back has blocks sits higher. the plow mount sits like 7 inch from the ground and the plow a frame even sits lower.

4. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Yeah bags will lift that right up, good luck

5. Joesno

Joesno Senior Member

the problem is he needs to put 500 pounds in the bed and then he will be fine.

my truck dips real bad without any ballast. i throw 1000 lbs in my bed and it works wonders.

6. grassgator

grassgator Junior Member

I have a 87 F150 with a meyers on the front. I put a 4" lift on it to make it carry the plow better. This year I added a salter to the back and now it sits even with the plow on it. Will see if I can post pictures tomorrow. Supposed to get 8-12"!!!!!

7. cpsnowremoval

tomorrow im going to try to move the mount up 4 inches or so. ill post new pics if it works out. i really want those air bags but i dont know if i can spend $80 when i didnt even do $80 worth of snow removal so far. mayb later on in the season getting ready for the christmas storm

Last edited: Dec 19, 2009
  8. jomofo

jomofo Senior Member

:help::help:

9. cpsnowremoval

i dont really mind driving with the plow on but whats the point when i cant even use it for what its made for

10. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Wow that thing looks rough. Sorry but it kills me to see run down trucks and stuff like that. To each his own though and have a good winter.

11. cpsnowremoval

i know the paint job i did on it is what they call a $50 paint job. i rolled the rustoleum on so can roll some more on if the it gets door checked. looks good from far thats all i care about. not pretty boy truck but it pulls chevys and breaks dodges. o yea i want to paint the plow but its too cold

12. cpsnowremoval

raised the plow mount today tried it out to see if it hits at the end of the driveway. it cleared ok but i still want to got the air lift 1000 bags. i still have to finish putting the push support bracket i made.

Picture 034.jpg

Picture 035.jpg

13. mnglocker

mnglocker Senior Member

Bags, Ballast, and some 31x10.50 Load Range D's will clear your issues right up.

$80 for bags may seem like a lot, but figure on the time savings being able to get around faster and being able to do more work. Also, with the TTB squated like it is right now, you'll rip the crap out of your tires and ball joints.

14. cpsnowremoval

yea and i like how the bags can be put on and taken off with no major work. because in the summer i have no use for the air bags in the front ill take them off. 31 mts would be sweet

15. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

How well do those tractor lights work for driving lights?

16. cpsnowremoval

they work real good but I feel like a SOB because i got in a car in front of my truck when the lights were on and they get real annoying. I wanted to get some Hella griving lights or some regular plow lights maybe next year.

17. theonlybull

theonlybull Senior Member

check e-bay. i got a set of plow lights, wiring harness, switch, and instructions for $125 cdn shipped..

watch the ttb axle, they like to break by the spring perch if their getting rusty... worse on the 250's though

18. cpsnowremoval

thanks i'll remember that, if i had it my way every ford from the 80s to present have front leaf springs and straight axles none of that independent junk.
    I dont really know if everyone has a store call farm and fleet but my local one has plow lights for $119. they also sell wolo light bars for 119 or so. i have a blaze dual rotator that works great for $30

19. cpsnowremoval

Update got the push bracing built out of square tubing.
    there saying the storm today and tonight going to dump 12inch hear in southeast wisconsin.

Picture 040.jpg

Picture 041.jpg