1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Finally a storm!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by LoneCowboy, Mar 26, 2009.

1. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

Finally, end of March
    2nd real plowable event of the entire season. (really since Feb 14th, 2007)

Most snow since Dec 2006

We've got 6-8 which is by far the best snow of the last two years, further south got a lot more. Got some serious 2' plus drifts though.

Finally get to prove all the tractor work. Nothing like moving huge piles with ease, while truck guys were struggling

Also, finally got to use the snowblower that we bought TWO YEARS AGO. (works good)
  2. MnDLawn

MnDLawn Senior Member

Wow, hope you don't depend on plowing to feed yourself.
  3. KAG

KAG Senior Member

I hear you. The storm your getting now is heading right for us. I had to go out and get the equipment back out and put on the SS and the truck. Should be a good money maker if it all plays out.

For plowing around here its been a beans and corn bread type winter. :cry:
  4. LoneCowboy

Best storm in 2 years.

8 solid inches yesterday, more than 1 removal at most places. (man did it come down for a while in the middle of the day, by the time you finished a lot it was covered again)

then it stopped, everyone had been sent home, could move around, cleaned everything up, got home at 5pm and it started up again.

2 more inches overnight

another cleaning for most.

more money in last 2 days plowing than all of 2008
  5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Do you need any plowing tips?:nod:
  6. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

here are a couple pics from our shop yesterday 3-26 what a great storm! :drinkup:

7. LoneCowboy

well, I keep putting my tip jar on the truck, but it falls off when I stack a pile.

I honestly did have to remember where to put the piles in some places.

Took a few hours to really get back in the grove.

Big wet heavy snows you forget how big a pile you can really make. The 2nd day I saw kids building little snow forts out of the piles.
  8. KAG

KAG Senior Member

Started plowing @ 3am

Just got home.............almost 14 solid hours.