1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

finally, a real video of my strobes

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by 2tonsoffordfun, Nov 29, 2009.

1. 2tonsoffordfun

2tonsoffordfun Member
    from Maine

2. flatlander42

flatlander42 Senior Member

I'm in love with your truck!! That is AWESOME!
  3. Deco

Deco Senior Member

nice ...but you can see me from space .:laughing:
  4. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

I like it! so do you plan to install two more up front? since you have two open slots on ur power supply? all in all looks great, I need to upgrade to some brighter ones myself, but mine will do 4 now
  5. 2tonsoffordfun

2tonsoffordfun Member
    from Maine

Thanks for the compliments guys.

Masternate42- Im in love with my truck too, its a sickness lol.

Deco- I'm all about being seen from space, but i'm trying to do it in a subtle way. I'm not a big fan of lightbars (allthough tomar has some really nice low profile bars that i considered) I'm trying to keep 90% of everything hidden.

Cameo89- As far as what I'm going to do with the other 2 outputs-

The lighthead on the far left is 2.9" dia x 3.6" tall. These particular lightheads do not have a power supply and are designed to plug into the neobe power supplies. So I've ordered a set of those in amber to mount on the back rack. This way the bulbs will flash at the same rate as the rear strobes, so from behind, everything is in unison. (tails flash while right amber flashes, cargos flash while left amber flashes.)

I did alot of research before coming to this conclusion and I decided that hideaways in the headlights are really unnessisary. After all- the headlights are on anyway, if they cant see that, theres an issue. Not to mention the glare factor off the blade into my face was somthing I didnt want to deal with. If i end up with any commercial lots, I will put somthing in behind the grill just to have....so i'm thinking somthing along the lines of these-

these are tomar's "rect-25" L.E.D lightheads. I already have one in white that I'm thinking about rigging up on the backrack as a crago light on steady burn. I've played around with it a little bit just to check out the brightness and flash patterns. These things are blinding, and they really catch attention. I probably wouldnt use these at night for fear of blinding myself, but if i was in an over populated area during the day time, im sure a set of these behind the grill would be handy to have.
  6. 2tonsoffordfun

2tonsoffordfun Member
    from Maine

good news- today i picked up a set of used sho-me micro lights with a flasher and switches for 40 bucks. Im thinking about putting them inside the rear door windows (facing out of course.) As much as I love my tomar stuff, i wasnt going to pass up a good deal, my mechanic just had them laying around. Hopefully this weekend I'll have a chance to wire those and my extra cargo light up. Ill post vids as soon as i can.