1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Finally a few pics

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Mick76, Sep 12, 2009.

1. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Not the best pics but you get the idea......for anyone thinking of lettering their truck I would highly recommend putting the phone # up by the window... all the ice and snow collects on the botton of the door were alot of people like to put the #'s...if they can't see it , they can't call you!...best thing I did was to letter this thing and for $250 it was a great deal!
    100_2745.jpg

100_2746.jpg

100_2747.jpg

100_2745.jpg

100_2746.jpg

100_2747.jpg

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Who did that for you for $250? It's a little much for me personally, but I wouldn't mind doing something.

3. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

The Sign Store in Auburn...aways from you but I got both side done like you see them plus my tailgate done in the same fashion for $250... the tailgate off in the winter for the sander but its on for 3 seasons at least...money well spent. I have people on the street and intersections asking for a business cards... I know it might be overbearing for some but when I decided to do this I looked at a bunch of other lettered trucks and the biggest thing I found was stuff was just way too small to see... If you can't make out the lettering/phone # from across an intersection its too small... people are lazy and I didn't want to give them a reason too NOT call if they need my service

4. nixray

nixray Senior Member

ummmmmmm ahhhhhhh do you plow?

5. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

ladder racks have came along way in design ... now they are flashy and still serve a purpose to have .... great rig !!

6. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Is that painted on, or the vinyl stuff?

7. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Its vinyl but everyone thinks its painted on

8. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

I like the "When it's snowing, we're going". I would've never thought of that.

9. sjosephlawncare

sjosephlawncare Senior Member

I like the little yellow truck. thats a nice touch.

10. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Ya my fellow buddy plowers razz me about the yellow truck...some threatend to put the word "Tonka" under it!...LOL...It works, It helps catch peoples eye

11. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

So I show your truck to my wife, thinking she would say no/that's silly/etc.

Nope, "That looks cool, you should do it"

12. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Your wife has good taste!...LOL

13. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

That goes without saying. She's been married to me for almost twenty years.

14. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

did you put that over you 3500 Emblem??

15. AiRhed

AiRhed Senior Member

Yep, he did. I pulled mine off by using a heat gun and a hotel key card. In his case, I think it worked out fine.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2009
  16. gkm

gkm Senior Member

nicely done....looks like you can't be missed out there

17. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

I think it looks great, smoking deal for $250... I do vinyl cutting and installs and I would have charged much more for that much. Although I am in a different area than you... my for a friend rate would have been about that...

If I was to pick anything out I dont like it would be the phone number, the slant makes it a little more difficult to read, as you said from far away.... No biggie but worth a mention. I think its far from overkill... I like big graphics just not too busy that you can't get the jist of it within 2 seconds. Happy Plowing!

18. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Looks great

Defiantly an eye catcher

19. bigearl

bigearl Senior Member

Looks great bigger is always better , Mine cost $1000.00
    woodsman weekend 2009 002.jpg

Sorry no intention to highjack the thread

woodsman weekend 2009 002.jpg

20. adksnowo

adksnowo Senior Member

Wow, Earl, that's pretty amazing. Did you have the truck graphics made to look like you or did you try to look like the truck graphics for that picture? LOL.