1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Finally, a big storm may be coming...

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by CTPlow, Jan 20, 2005.

1. CTPlow

CTPlow Member

A possible HUGE nor'easter is headed this way here in Connecticut by Saturday night, into Sunday, as well as Monday.
    Looks like we should keep a close watch with this one.
    So far in this area we have yet to get a real snow maker. This could change soon.
    Could be a nice money maker. payup

2003 F350 with Meyer II EZ Mount

2. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

Lock and Load

Same storm is going to hit Chicago on Friday night in to Saturday. I'll let you know how it is :p

3. drplow

drplow Senior Member

cant wait. :redbounce
    i haven't had a storm over 8" yet. plowed only 5 times this season and i should be at 8 plowings this time of year.

4. plowman777

plowman777 Senior Member

only 5 times??..i just pushed an inch for the first time!...hope this weekend is big

5. drplow

drplow Senior Member

I HOPE I DONT SOUND SPOILED BUT MY TRIGGER IS AT 4" AND :rolleyes: SOMETIMES 3"

6. bolensdriver

bolensdriver Senior Member

Eeek. Someone's wrong.

Just for a fact... A Nor'Easter, is a coastal storm and formed in the sea.

So, either CTPlow or Grassbusters is wrong. I'm really not sure.

7. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

A noreaster can be a normal storm coming across land. Then it goes out to the ocean picks up warm moisture and intensifies and swings back into land developing then the strong noreast winds. Our last one did exactly that 2 weeks ago. Now you know the rest of the story. :)

8. plowman777

plowman777 Senior Member

just heard it could be noreaster...means BIG snow

9. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

Exactly.
    Its nice to have another "weather person" around here.

10. hoot

hoot Senior Member
    from SE Pa.

Classic Noreasters often come as a front accross the us, than a low pressure area forms down south as the front approaches the east coast. The worst ones occur when the front stalls and the low pressure center moves slowly up the coast..... sucking moisture off the atlantic due to it's counterclockwise rotation.

11. Stang977

Stang977 Junior Member

Shhhhhhhhhh............. Don't scare it away!!!!

12. winterangel

winterangel Member
    from Ohio

I am ready for another long weekend!! :yow!:

I'VE ALREADY BEEN OUT THIS MORING, SALTING THE COMM. LOTS. :angel: I have been a good girl :p It's time to get my little one up for school.

13. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

Forget about a huge Noreaster the computers seem to be trending away from heavy snow for connecticut.Sounding more just like a strong clipper for us.Down south (s jersey and points south) is where the heavy stuff is probably gonna be at.

14. Derrick in NJ

Derrick in NJ Member

They're still not sure on snowfall amounts yet. It ranges anywhere from 4" up to 18". The weather people "say" they'll have a better idea by the 10:00 news tonite. Either way, I'm ready!! :redbounce payup By the way, I gotta thank our Canadian bretheren for that nice little Alberta clipper they sent our way yesterday, I got 7 hours of plowing out of it :drinkup: .

15. smiti105

smiti105 Member

7 hours?? My plow hit snow for the first time this year last night and my piles probally added up to about 6 inches. Wee need some good snow.

16. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

same storm is suppose to hit lower michigan, but only about 4", seems everywhere south and north has been getting hit hard with the big storms.

17. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

Early predictions for connecticut area are atleast 6 inches(nws) and ive heard up to 14 with blizzard conditions.

18. jcmjclem

jcmjclem Junior Member

Hate to be negative but they just gave indications that the low isn't going to form as originally posted. Now the Phila. stations are predicting 6-10 inches. @#$% just give me 2-4 for some cash!!!!

19. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

big storm

I'll take all we can get. we've olny had to plow 6 or 7 times this year, nothing over 3". I had to go out this moring and was out last night. Got my new motor, so were in good shape. Bring it on and were take it. If any one needs help cuse of it, I can send help your way.

20. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

I perfectly happy with just getting 4 inches.Still enough to plow and make money and i still get to go to bed.