1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Finally!!!!! 3-6 Inches In Chicago

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by #1 plowtech, Jan 20, 2006.

1. #1 plowtech

#1 plowtech Senior Member

Winter Storm Warning In Effect For Tonight Into Morning

Thank You God....user Answered My Prayer:) :)
  2. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

I'll give a hearty AMEN to that! I hope it bodes well for you guys, sir.

This weather is unbelievable. I had never even seen it this mild growing up in Kansas. Last night I was out on my motorycle between 10:30 and midnight in nothing more than I would have worn on a spring or fall evening.
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2006
  3. ghosttridder

ghosttridder Member

Hold your Horsies buddy... check the temp.. check the temp.. they "say" it's gonig to be 3 to 6 inches, but i think that's bull crap for real, snow will never stick to the ground above 32 degrees.. it's gonna be slush. I'm sorry man but this is my prediction
  4. leeddog65

leeddog65 Member

and my s-10 is running like crapppp HUGE stumble when taking off all of a sudden. Any suggestions?

Moisture in the cap? Bad wire?
  5. WMHLC

WMHLC Senior Member

call for 6-10 on the local on 8 for grand rapids mi. I hate big storms.
  6. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

No snow forrcast for us in NJ until Feb.2 :cry: :realmad: It had better snow then, or sooner!
  7. Snow Picasso

Snow Picasso Senior Member

Hey !! You could still push a few inches of slush!!! It all pays the same Baby !! payup payup
  8. Rgory

Rgory Member

Southside is all rain... :-( Anyone run into some problems later you should give me a call... in the mean time I am saddened
  9. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

This is going to be a tuff one to plow. So heavy! In the Arlington area maybe5-6" so far. @10:30
  10. ghosttridder

ghosttridder Member

well it was slush to begin with, then the snow piled on and on, i think 2 to 4 inches.. i stand corrected.. whew man, weather predictions can be tough
  11. nevrnf

nevrnf Senior Member

There was 14" inches on my driveway at 6 am Saturday. All of the accounts west of Barrington Road and I 90 had between 9" and 16 "
    There was about 8" on the one Rockford property.
  12. Kevin003

Kevin003 Junior Member

We got 10inches here in woodstock
  13. 4evergreenlawns

4evergreenlawns Senior Member

Elgin, Algonquin, Carpentersville a good heavy we 8" - 12". South ans east of that 6"-8".

I sure am gald I moved my Excessive Snow upcharge down to 8". Get the push and salt charges plus the one time up charge. Makes up for most of the month doing nothing. I am just fine with waiting for one more of these in about three weeks or so. Make one or two more 1"-3" and five or six more salt apps and I will be a very happy camper.