1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Final season billing question.

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by mcwlandscaping, Mar 28, 2007.

1. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

The final bills of the season are going out tomarrow and as i am making them up, i thought of a question. I have one customer that has not paid yet. They live elsewhere and pay for their parents house to be plowed. The father that lives in the house is very pleased with my work. However, the last bill from them has not been paid yet and i am going to be sending out this one. I have left two messages asking her if i had the correct mailing addy and if she got it and to please call me back. Anyone have any suggestion on what to do? I was thinking on this bill to have this billing periods details and then also have a "last billing periods unpaid events" and list them out and ad them to the bill. Does that sound O.K.?

thanks
    -mike-

2. Snowbrdr360

Snowbrdr360 Senior Member

Exactly what I would do

3. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

Reprint the original invoice, just like you sent it out the first time and stamp PAST DUE on it. Send it with the current invoice.

4. hemisareslow

hemisareslow Member

I'D TALK TO HER OLD MAN AND GET HIM TO PLAY ALONG.....TAKE PICS OF HIM WITH A BLIND FOLD ON AND HIS HANDS AND FEET DUCT TAPED TOGETHER...SEND THE PICS WITH THE INVOICE WITH A MEMO..."IF YOU EVER WANT TO SEE YOUR FATHER AGAIN"....I BET YOU GET PAID REAL QUICK...:gunsfiring: ....OR YOU COULD JUST GO WITH WHAT YA GOT AND AVOID A FREE RIDE IN A COP CAR

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Ditto for me MCW. I've had to do this before and it usually does the trick.

6. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

that is funny

7. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

Along with the duct tape thought, which may bring the Sheriff Dept quicker than a check.

Wait till you get a nice fluffy deep snow and stack 6 foot in front of a driveway, take a good picture showing how impossible it'd be to get out the driveway, send a copy of the photo along with invoice to late payers.

8. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

:jester:
    and this my friend is why you will not have a serious business. :jester: :jester:

9. hemisareslow

hemisareslow Member

wow...look who is talking...tell me...how did tax time go for you?

10. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

Join the club Mikey.....:)

11. ALarsh

ALarsh Senior Member

Gopher has "Balance Forward" printed at the top of the invoice and the amount for past due balances.

12. Ole Tower

Ole Tower Senior Member
    from MAINE

Finnal Billing?

where this post is a couple of yrs OLD! heres My Suggestion--I been plowing for many yrs--I don*t PLow for People that Don*t Live & PAY after every Storm--as it serves multi purposes!--One Your ONE On ONE w/your Customer--as YOU see them after every Storm--Collecting Your MONEY--& Two --You won*t Get stuck--for None Payment--for an entire Season--NOPE! been there & done That--Not any MORE! in Your Case!--where another Party is Paying?--I*D Drop the Person being Plowed!--but--I talk One ONE! w/the Person that I Did Plow!--& Explain WHY! every Plower gets Stuck once in a While--w/ NONE PAYERS!--so I Keep it One On ONE!--Collect after Every STORM--as You Can*t Get Hurt very Bad $$ Wise if? YOU Do This!--& the Personal Contact Helps in the PR dept--& Good Relations Never Hurts!-- --OleTower--