1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Final payment

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by thelawnguy, Jun 6, 2002.

1. thelawnguy

thelawnguy PlowSite.com Addict

Just wondering who is still owed money from last winter? I received the final snow services check today from my perpetually late paying but otherwise good customer. Now I'm looking forward to next season :)

2. PINEISLAND1

PINEISLAND1 PlowSite.com Veteran

We got paid last week from a municiple account, one residential, and another payment on a large commercial. The commercial still owes us about 10 %, but the numbers are worth waiting for. They always run 40-60 days, and we had snow billing in April this year, so its no big deal. After the SIMA meetings this week, I am sure looking forward to next season as well.

3. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Have a few that like to spread out the payments. Long time customers so I don't really mind. I know the money will come in soon. On any accounts less then three years old I specify a late charge after thress years no late fees added. As long as everything is documented it is easy to trace te money.

Even though I am busy with landscaping I have already began to think about next winter.

4. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

I'm still waiting on one account, she did the same thing last year. I got paid when she needed plowing again. It won't happen next season, I'm dropping the account!

5. Sno

Sno Senior Member

I had the same woman I think Pelican!!!

Hahhaa... She is in for a rude awakening next year I do believe.

I will never plow her lot again.

Still owes me 250.00.. Only pays just before a snow storm and I always have to go ask for it in person. :rolleyes:

Sno
    www.snomaintenance.com
    Bryan, Ohio

6. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Well, I hate to admit it after I said everyone around here is honest, but I have one that owes me for two trips. Not likely to collect, now. He lost his job in the middle of the winter and simply doesn't have the money. Not enough for me to worry about so I simply quit plowing after he was ten days late paying the bill. Sent one reminder notice, then let it go.

Still think people here are trustworthy. A contract wouldn't have made any difference. Just that sometimes xxxx happens. I'm glad it's not me without a job and not enough money to pay the bills.

7. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

I had a guy that payed me what he wanted after he knew my rates he gave me a check in the mail for he thought it was worth and i never cashed it and just let it go because he went to Florida.I get a call and was asked why i never cashed the check and told he i was waiting for the rest of the money.It was not much so i was not worried about it but it's more the princaple of thing sometimes.

8. Sno

Sno Senior Member

I had that happen too... Little old lady..

If I have time I usually shovel the seniors walks for free.. I always make it clear that I do that free, not part of the push price.

I didnt have time in our March snow storm, ( Three pushes) so she paid me what she thought it was worth with out the shoveling.. :( From a 75.00 bill, I got 30.00 for three pushes in a snow storm) Dificult drive too all down hill and no where to put the snow.

hahhaa, I didnt say anything. It was the end of the year.

I wont shovel her at all anymore though. :)

Last edited: Jul 7, 2002