1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Final Comparo Vee or Straight

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Chrisxl64, Jun 13, 2009.

1. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

Well its like 2 or 3 weeks left to get pre-season pricing and will be buying a new plow, just looking for a last opinion on weather I should go with a Straight or VXT For my 1-ton. I'm doing mainly residentials but may look into commercial in the future. My biggest concern is backdragging. I backdrag many of my jobs and I'm unsure how the VXT will do. Let's hear it.

2. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

for an extra 200 or so you can get smartlock cylinders that will allow you to backdrag and not have the wings fold out. id go with the v xt if i were you youll be glad you did in the future.

3. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

comes with the smartlocks.

4. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

they work good for backdragging. i use my 9.2 without smartlocks and dont have a problem until we get the wet stuff. if you get the straight blade your going to kick yourself in the rear and want the v so you mights as well just buy the v the first time around.

5. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

Thats if you buy them when you buy the plow. I have seen them for a hell of alot more.

I have a V without them, i dont do too much backdragging. But when i do the wings always pull back with more then 4" of snow. You can still BD without them, but it is much better with them.
    My advice is buy them now.

6. old skool

old skool Senior Member
    from NW IL

Ive plowed for over 30 years...started with the good 'ol 7 1/2 footer on a pickup , graduated to a 9 footer on a one ton 4x4 dually. Now I have a one ton, single wheel with a new 8.2 V last winter..

NO QUESTION go with the V !!!

7. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

Get the V.

One thing that I have found myself thinking is that on some of my residentials the 9'2" is just too big, especially on circle and "u" shaped drives. I almost wish I had gone with a smaller plow (like 8'2") that I could put wings on when I get to my parking lots.

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If you read some of Chris' other threads you'll see he felicitously decided on the vee.

9. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

So did he find a good deal or are you approving of his decision?;)

10. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Hey, just cuz I'm from the Maine dont mean I dont no no big words. I've got one for Mike, I'll use it when the situation is most appropriate.

11. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Last edited: Jul 24, 2009
  12. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

They censor those words:D

13. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

More like speculation perhaps. :cool: :D

14. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

I'm lost and i like to think of myself as slightly smarter than dumb.

15. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

If you have the money then buy a Vee. You won't be sorry.

16. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I agree. One thing to consider on a VXT is the flared wings and there is a bit of a learning curve using them for backdragging. Smartlocks are a must as said above. I know the VXT's look cool but I really don't see a need for them doing driveways. JMO

17. STROLLOSTOWING

STROLLOSTOWING Junior Member

Did you buy that plow from ME???

18. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

yes sir. :nod: Hat's off to this guy ^^^^^