1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Finaally broke my 9-1 V

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by UglyTruck, Feb 18, 2008.

1. UglyTruck

UglyTruck Senior Member

Simmer down Tom...Im praising, not complaining (for the most part)

Well, It finally happened, I broke My snoway V. anyone that has been around for a while knows that I have had issues with my plow......read that as issues with the way it operates....not that it does not work...

but tonight I finally broke it...I was out at my farthest account (aint that always the way) & I shoved the last scraps off to the side & heard a "tink"....WTF???
    Now, I am used to pops, bangs, squeal, hisses, groans, thuds, and the ocasional shreak from my plow, but I have never heard anything like the barley audible "Tink" that I heard tonight. I shrugged my shoulders & went to leave. Just another noise to add to the list.

Wait a minute...why wont the plow go up??? Crap I musta finally blew a hose....got out & all hoses are intact..what the???

allright, jump in & run it thru the motions...
    UP...no dice..????

run it to full scoop, get out with the 1/2" wrench & pull the cover...

No obvious problems.
    climb back in the truck & run through all the worst case scenarios in my head.

....get out & look witha "Whats not right" attitude & i see it instantly. I broke my bellcrank (boy, if I had a nickle for every time Ive said them words :rolleyes: )

allright..I just gotta get it home.....I'll Just grab the ratchet strap & crank it up so I can drive home.... there is no good way to do that (the light tower will not support a 9-1 v-plow. I promise :angry:) but dont worry, it will next time.

Okay, gotta get it back to town.

lets just say that I am glad that there is an Icepac on the roads tonight and that the county has implemented salt rationing...otherwise I would have nothing left of my blade....

the county owes me money!!!! I plowed the eastbound 1/2 of US HWY 6 for over 7 miles!!!

Got it back to the shop & torn apart...will get it welded tomorrow. (yea yea, I know...5 year warranty, I gave up on that when my dealer made it clear that the downpressure voided it)

now, I have done alot of complaining about my plow for various reasons but to be completley fair about this one.... this is my 4th season plowing heavy comercial & this is the first "out of comission" breakage I have had.
    (other than splitting the front axle in 1/2 on my ford, but that was truck...not plow) Luckily for me I was on my last account when it happened.

I gotta agree with VWOVW on this one... I may have problems with Sno-way, & I may have problems with some of the aspects of their plows, but they make a seriously tough "MF-ing" Vee plow.:salute:
  2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

How did DP void your warranty?
  3. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Curious about the DP statement voiding your warranty also. Shoot me a PM and give me some further details.
  4. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

yeah i was wondering the same thing while reading it... :confused:
  5. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

im curious to know what damage it did to your plow while plowing for 7 miles on a county road
  6. vwovw

vwovw Senior Member

wear stripes maybe.
  7. UglyTruck

UglyTruck Senior Member

none....it was effectivly in float mode with the bellcrank broken, & like I said...we had 1" icepac last night...I never saw a spark.

I expected to push it into the shop & get out to find it ground down to the blade mounting holes, but it didnt seem to wear any off of the edges. lucky me huh??:confused:
  8. UglyTruck

UglyTruck Senior Member

Ill tell you what Tom...you go and ask Brewer, Maas, & Steiner about it, while you are at it ask jason & erv at Tri-state... All of them opened my emails last march, april, May, & june. but aparently nobody had an answer because I never got so much as a response from anybody. & just for the record, yeah, I hit something with my downpressure on...at Idle speed. If you wanna hear the story then look up my thread about the first blemish on my stainless skin. :yow!::realmad: