1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Filthy trucks.

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by bowtie_guy, Jan 21, 2013.

1. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

Just a picture from today. Amount of salt on the trucks is disgusting. Had a good 2 days of snow.

After a post last year I've learnt there is someone on the site who steals pictures and then uses it on kijiji for a snowplow ad. Figured maybe that simple text will deter the loser from doing it again.

trks with plows.jpg

Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
  2. nms0219

nms0219 Senior Member

I'm kind OCD on keeping stuff clean....

Blue trucks with plows.jpg

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Drive it home ,then take a pix of them!

4. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

problem is yesterday it dropped down to -30*C at night and even during the day it's -18*C so doors would be frozen for a week after. Hopefully warms a bit or go to a buddies place where can wash and dry inside a building.

5. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Haha that was my trucks! I remember that! Unless there were others too.

6. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

I hate how my truck is so dirty at the end of my route. If I know im done plowing - I take it to my local pressure wash place and wash and dry her.

7. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

Until someone just blurs your name out lol
    [​IMG]

8. SSS Inc.

SSS Inc. PlowSite Fanatic

They could also do this if they have photo shop. Or the second one for a more artistic touch.:)

snowscene.jpg

snowsceneart.jpg

9. Maleko

Maleko Senior Member
    from Ct

I also clean my truck right after. cant stand the salt being all over it...
    Its also nice to have a friend with a heated garage to wash it....Thumbs Up

10. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

LOL, that's why I said deter not stop. :p

11. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

Jealous Of You and your trucks ... looks great !!!

Same Here

After a post last year I've learnt there is someone on the site who steals pictures and then uses it on kijiji for a snowplow ad. Figured maybe that simple text will deter the loser from doing it again.[/QUOTE]

I can put that in Microsoft Paint and erase that in under 1 minute ... and that's when I am working slow. Not bustin' on you ... just a software thing

12. SSS Inc.

SSS Inc. PlowSite Fanatic

Trucks do look good.Thumbs Up

Ive got a new postcard ready for print. Thanks for the pic.:waving:

homer.jpg

13. aperfcrcle

aperfcrcle Senior Member

you can tell its a slow winter when members are photoshopping pictures for fun lol

14. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

You've gotta love the above 2 postings !!!

15. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Lmao!

16. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

that post card is the best!!!! This thread is win. It has been a slow winter.

17. xgiovannix12

xgiovannix12 PlowSite.com Addict

haha so true :laughing:

18. GSS LLC

GSS LLC Senior Member

my god, i havent washed my trucks since the last snow. a month ago. well i wash my main truck, the snow only chevys sit there dirty. it makes em look better.

19. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

Homer as " MR. PLOW " ...................:laughing:

20. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

No bullsh!t My 05 Ford hasn't been washed since Nov of 2010 when my buddie bought it cleaned up at the sale. It's now 100k later. I got it last summer and haven't touched it. It's black too haha. It wasn't a plow truck till this season though and we havent gotten any plowable snow yet. You can still faintly make out a tiny bit of dealer paint on the windshield where it used to say "one owner". The fancy alum 18s are brown. Lmao.

My fleet is all white. They usually only get washed after the snow season and maybe a time or 2 throughout the summer if my buddies borrow them. A big reason I love white trucks. My 05 is the odd man out.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2013