1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Filter screen/ Trip springs

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by green frog, Nov 2, 2008.

1. green frog

green frog Senior Member

Just got a used 7.5 pro plow on a back up truck I bought. It responds a little slow so I plan on changing fluid and draining rams. Is it hard to get to the filter screen to clean? Never done it and don't know if I need to. Its probably 7 years old. Why does this one have 5 trip springs and a shock while my 4 year old one has 4 trip springs and a shock?
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

7 years old...so it's a Unimount?

If so, to get to the filter you simply remove the two bolts at the bottom of the motor housing and pull the motor off. The filter will be at the bottom of the pump facing forward in the reservoir. Be sure to clean off any old gasket material and corrosion on the motor mounting plate before reassembling, along with a new gasket of course. Trip springs varied depending on age, some only had three.