1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fillrite 15 gpm Pump

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by xgiovannix12, Apr 19, 2014.

1. xgiovannix12

xgiovannix12 PlowSite.com Addict

Hey guys

So this pass few weeks ive been having problems with my dads fillrite 15 gpm pump. It wont stay primed for some reason.

If I siphon the diesel while its running it would pump for years but if I dont use it for a couple of hours or a few days it would not prime again. I took everything apart and make sure it was not getting air from any of the fittings and also replaced the hose since it was a little dry rotted but still no improvement.

Im open to suggestions. Pump works great but only has that issue. I did forgot to mention that if I turn it off and put it back on 10 20 mins later it works fine. Time to go play with it some more :mechanic:

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Filter or pickup tube?

3. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Pack the gears with grease.

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Red, Brown, white, blue, or green???

5. xgiovannix12

just changed the filter checked the internals and the pickup pipe everything looked nice and healthy

I think he has a bad nozzle because when I removed it it worked.

6. DuramaxLML-42

DuramaxLML-42 Senior Member

The nozzles on those pumps are notorious for going bad after they see any amount of salt. I've seen some guys have theirs off in the field. Buddy of mine had extra nozzles on him this season.

7. xgiovannix12

yep replaced the nozzle and all is well... easy fix even tho it drove us nuts for a few days