1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Filling Front Tires of Tractor - With a Loader?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by merrimacmill, Dec 27, 2012.

1. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

I am running one of my Kubota M7040 tractors with a loader w/ 10' pusher on the front, and a blower on the back. I have had others running it for awhile now, but today I jumped in and pushed some slush around. When the pusher is placed on the ground, suddenly the weight of the blower on the back becomes a problem, and the front tires are prone to lift.

As a result, I found myself never running the pusher in float, and instead spent time feathering the loader to keep the weight on the front tires.

I'm wondering if anyone has any input as to filling the front tires, and keeping the loader on to use with the pusher? I have filled front tires before on another machine, and it made a big difference, but I did not have any loader on the front at the time.

I know the front axle is only rated for so much weight, but my thoughts are (which could be completely way off) is that when tires are filled, instead of hanging weights off the front, the tire weight is always in contact with the ground supporting itself, instead of hanging off the front and adding pressure to the axle, which supports front weight kits. Is this a true statement?

I think the weight would make the balance perfect, but I don't want to do any damage either..

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

You are correct, the axle won't have support the weight they are touching the ground.
  3. ScubaSteve728

ScubaSteve728 Senior Member

lotsa people use windshield washer fluid on it. search the subject on youtube or google and you will find a way to put liquid like washer fluid in the tires which will add traction
  4. .5racer

.5racer Senior Member

no weight on the axle , but what about braking ?
  5. RJ lindblom

RJ lindblom Senior Member

How about keeping it out of float until you have your speed built up, then float the loader? You have plenty of weight on the front with the loader on. When using a front end loader, I run into this a lot. Mostly when running a backhoe/loader. It was just one of those quirks, when I needed to steer or needed the traction of the front wheels I'd take it out of float to make the turn or get the traction.

My only concern would be the weight already front with a loader already on.