1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

filler pipe on 96 f250

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by snowplowpro, Oct 23, 2012.

1. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

I just noticed my front tank filler pipe is leaking I can't find one anywere is there a simple fix or a way to stop the leaking

2. shovelracer

shovelracer Senior Member

Try "car-part.com" there are a few in PA, either $50 for only marginally better or $300 new. I just did my chevy and almost lost it on the guy after he wanted $50 for me to take it out laying in the mud for one that needed cleanup anyways, hardly new.

3. snowplowpro

from NJ

My friend just told me that there is gas tank repair patch can I use that on the fill neck for now.

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Try Dorman. They make alotta aftermarket parts

5. snowplowpro

from NJ

Yea I tried auto parts stores and Ford no one can get it junk yards said maybe 1. Out of ten are good but they don't get them often

6. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Did u try Dorman or lmctruck ?

7. snowplowpro

from NJ

Lmc wants $135 plus shipping and dorman don't make one
    Next step cheapest way out is try gas tank repair kit on the pipe or two way epoxy I just wanna fill the hole in to get me threw winter or till I find a cheap one.

8. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

leaking where? is the metal rotted? if so, can you cut out the rotten part and weld in a patch?

if not i'm pretty sure i have one in my spare parts pile that i could sell cheap plus shipping.

9. snowplowpro

from NJ

I cant cut cause it runs gas threw it and it will start a fire but the Guy at the junkyard I called said to use jb weld or two part epoxy but if you have one lying around let me know how much and how much shipping is and ill let you know I'm in 07442

10. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

well you'd remove it from the truck before attempting to weld it.... and i've tried the 2 part exopy patches - very temporary fixes at best...

i'll send you a pm now.

11. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

Well, the right way to fix the problem is to replace the hose/tank. I have used "Seals All" from walmart to fix a leak on an aftermarket $1000 gas tank in the past. It goes on real liquidy and hardens right up and it did stop the leak. You will want to make sure that it dry before you use it though.

12. 1ATony

1ATony Junior Member

We carry them on our website. Here's a link to them. The front one is out of stock right now but we should have them in at the end of the month. If you have any questions you can buzz me in the office or shoot me a PM.

http://www.1aauto.com/1A/FuelTankFi...plowsite&utm_medium=forum&utm_campaign=1ATony

Tony