1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

filler cap explosion

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by widj3t, Feb 11, 2008.

1. widj3t

widj3t Junior Member

Hi guys. here is something weird. I am not sure weather the filler cap has come old and crappy but the fluid decided to pop the top lid off. I had to put screws in it to hold it together and not fly off. I have a 9'1 plow with Monarch pump. Is there a way to regulate how the plow drops cause mine just drops hard. I am thinking that this action forces so much fluid back in the pump that its making the cap pop off. I have the small type filler cap that can come apart and you are able to change the sponge. Perhaps i have annother problem where i get back presure? Lol it drops so hard that when it poped the cap off the fluid went straight up in the air about 6 ft then landed on my hood. It was also - 38 that night. I am using a air plane hydraulic fluid that is good to - 50 in my plows.

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Have seen it happen, can make quite a mess:eek: Probably a clogged breather cab, maybe frozen. Most impressive with an over filled unit. Good sign you need to change your fluid and clean the cap. If you can find it:D

3. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

it sounds like you might have over filled it make sure when you fill it the plow is on the ground and the plow is straight and as for the fluid goes im not to sure about the aircraft fluid if it could clog or what not :confused: