1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Filled up the sanders for no resaon today

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Fordtruckman88, Feb 1, 2008.

1. Fordtruckman88

Fordtruckman88 Member

God does it suck getting no snow went to fill up some of the sanders today becuase there was supposed to be ice. No ICE looks like ill be unloading them and washing the trucks tomorrow CT sucks

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

yep total bust, we had some icebut not much , i just went and salted some walkways at a doctors office.
  3. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing Senior Member

not sure about down that far south but its all going to freeze over up here in the morning should be a salt worthy event??? At least I hope for all the members here depending on that ice..
  4. frostypuck

frostypuck Member

Well, THAT didn't happen. Wake up this morning and it's like 40 degrees out!
    Chris in Boston
  5. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

we had all rain here but woke up this morning to a lot of black ice... there was car wrecks all over the place.
  6. rjfetz1

rjfetz1 Senior Member
    from CT.

1100' elevation - total ice storm, 3/4 - 1" of ice everywhere. broken branches everywhere. The town has to keep plowing the ice chunks and branches/twigs that keep falling when the wind blows. Temp. just went to 34 so it should start to melt..Grrrrrrrrr.
  7. Jim Karns

Jim Karns Member

I would have to agree - this winter (in the western Connecticut area) has really $ucked. It started out ok (December)....but just like last year, it fell flat. The weather "guessers" (pick a channel) haven't helped any. I swear these folks couldn't get the sun coming up in the east right......Getting tougher and tougher.:realmad:
  8. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Well I ran 4 loads through all our spreaders yesterday working Danbury, Brookfield and into New Milford.

For me its been an ok winter. Not great but at this point much better then last year which still turned out ok.