1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fill us in Sean, what happened?

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by BSDeality, Dec 5, 2006.

1. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

Inquiring minds need to know what happened. Us addicts were out there in the dark for hours! :cry:
  2. Snowman19

Snowman19 Senior Member

Yeah, I bet it was all us that were complaining about the snow!!!!!:waving:
  3. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

And for some reason the clock is showing as one hour faster.:confused: (10:51 and should be 9:51)
  4. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

Ok I will say "it was broken":waving: At least I got my fix before going to sleep.
  5. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

Wow I was going thru some major withdraws glad you got it fixed.:D

6. plsoucy

plsoucy Member

I don't have a precise idea of what happened, but what I can tell you is that there seems to have been a problem with the server connection (according to its logs). When I became aware that the server was down, I contacted the datacenter and asked them to reboot it, which they did, and the server came back online.

Sorry for the inconvenience - I'll try to see if anything needs to be done to prevent this from happening again.
  7. LLM Ann Arbor

LLM Ann Arbor Senior Member

It aint fixed....I just posted in a thread and Im third to the last poster.....this things is messed up bigtime...lol

It just happened again....I poster after easy grass...ha!
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2006
  8. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

ahhh so glad to be back!!
  9. plsoucy

plsoucy Member

The problem is that posts are sorted in a chronologic manner, and the server time was one hour ahead when it rebooted. When I fixed the time, some people had already posted, and their posts were marked as being made one hour later than they really were. Now that the time has been fixed more than an hour ago, your new posts should appear at the end of threads as expected.
  10. LLM Ann Arbor

LLM Ann Arbor Senior Member

Ive seen it before at several other VB type boards over the years....no problem.

11. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Glad to see that we are back up and running. I too was missing my "fix" last evening. ;)
  12. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

Thank you for your quick work on this.
  13. cincy snowdog

cincy snowdog Senior Member

you got me on that one ,i rebooted comp.after trying ten times then ten more!

felt like an outcast or something , man quit it.

i thought you were all goners,good to be back.:nod:
  14. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

yeah i hope it doesnt happen again i was breathing a paper bag for the last one
  15. jcesar

jcesar Senior Member
    from Mi

I was chewing out my ISP thinking they blocked the site cause of the language we use!!!!:yow!: