1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fill Plugs Stuck

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by pcs, Feb 25, 2007.

1. pcs

pcs Senior Member

A few of my Fill Plugs won't come out. Why?

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

How about some more details? Like which style of pump do you have? What type of fittings are you dealing with? Hex? Square?

3. pcs

pcs Senior Member

Ultra Mount 9 1/2 Vee plows with square plugs. Sits under the motor.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Can you still get a wrench on it or did it round off when you tried to remove it? Generally when I find a plug that refuses to come out, I apply a little heat with a pocket torch.

5. pcs

pcs Senior Member

Put a little heat and still nothing. Took the tank off and sprayed WD 40 still nothing. The tank started to bend. I had to take the tank off to fill it and put it back on. Not fun. I guess I'm going to have to buy new ones.

6. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

I had one stuck on my fisher ....everything i tried wouldn't budge it. I went and got one of those Gator-Grip sockets at Walmart (that everybody says don't work) and it came right off. I think mine was just overtightened by the service people.

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

They can be very tight sometimes but I never had one so tight that it crushed the tank( after applying some heat) but it looks like you might have to buy one. :cry:

8. pcs

pcs Senior Member

I wish it was only one. 3 of 7 will not come out.

9. Snowbrdr360

Snowbrdr360 Senior Member

Ive got the same problem... Let me know how much the tank is:realmad:

10. pcs

pcs Senior Member

tank is $100