1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fill line

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mole, Mar 15, 2004.

1. mole

mole Senior Member

I have a boss 8ft straight blade. I read the instructions and just wanted to be clear on something. When toping off the fluid am I supposed to see it in the pep ****?. or better yet how far up the pep **** should it go?. Instuction show it going over the pep **** but won't it go to the cap then. any help would be greatly app. It looks like it goes just to the cap line am I correct?.
  2. mole

mole Senior Member

Also why do they use a plastic nut for this?. seems like it would strip easy. This is my first boss plow. Always had a western. I was just getting ready to put it away when i herd the forcast for tommrow. Now Im low on fluid and have to get it ready for tommrow agian.
  3. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Take the lid off the fill reservoir. Add fluid until visible in the res. Replace cap, raise plow, angle to both sides, lower it to the ground, check fluid again and add if needed.:waving: