1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fihser paint

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by DareDog, May 20, 2011.

1. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

what is fisher paint code? or how much is it through fisher? thanks

2. samjr

samjr Senior Member

just do a search

search fisher paint lots on info on here :mechanic:

3. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

fisher yellow
    $30ish Qt.
    $100ish gallon
    not cheap paint

4. nalegtx

nalegtx Senior Member

too much$$...doesn't last. Just used Rustoleum John Deere Yellow Farm Grade paint with a Good Rustoleum Primer. either clean metal primer or rusty metal primer. works amazing!!! and cheap $

5. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

x2 on this i used safty yellow / sunburst yellow. see my pic in my sig line below.

6. rick502

rick502 Member
    from Vermont

ADoes the rustoleum have good durability? Its a third the price which is great if it lasts.

7. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

i dont do comercial plowing but mine is still holdin up perfect with just a scuff up with wire wheel and paint no primer. take that for what its worth .

8. rick502

rick502 Member
    from Vermont

Thanks, good to know. I will pick up some rustoleum and use that. Hardware store had it for $10 a quart. Fisher pain was going to be $40.

9. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

X100 on rustoleum last much better then the crap fisher paint and if u brush it on like I do, Ive never done one twice!!!

10. rick502

rick502 Member
    from Vermont

THX for advice, put couple coats of the rustoleum on, looks great.

11. SIWEL

SIWEL Senior Member

there is a secret with rustoleum to make it color match perfect. I did two plows and you can't tell the difference between the fisher color and mine. PM me and we can talk...

12. Raconteur

Raconteur Senior Member
    from MA

What makes the Fisher paint poor quality ? I use it as touch up to their powdercoating process, It works fine .

13. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

i use cat yellow from cat works great i used fisher paint yrs ago went on like water did not even spray to well

14. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

This is what my plow looks like after using fisher paint with a roller I scuffed it up primed and painted.If you don't mind what it looks like use rustoleum sunburst yellow its cheaper and goes on much thicker.What a quart of rustoleum will do it takes two quarts to do it in the fisher paint.Of course I put the fisher decal on the front of the blade after the pictures were taken.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. brad96z28

Looks awesome!

16. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

Brad if you know of anyone that needs a plow sandblasted and painted let me know I'm looking to make some extra cash before the snow hits!

17. brad96z28

Pm me a price. And I heard it takes atleast twice as long to blast a powder coated one? Got a price of 400 for blasting alone last year.