1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Figuring out a price

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by Boutallnite, Nov 1, 2006.

1. Boutallnite

Boutallnite Senior Member

I have a Snoway ST 6.8' with Down Pressure, got it new and used it for 3 years. It has the normal wear on it. The light connectors are a little corroded and a pain to connect. Used on a 2000 Wrangler.

I paid $3,500 with install 3 years ago and was thinking selling it around $2,000.

Trying to figure out if that is a good price or too high/low. Any input would be great.
  2. computeruser

computeruser Junior Member

$2,000 sounds a bit high to me. Just a gut feeling, not something I've researched or anything. I have been thinking of putting such a setup on my TJ, and my thinking is that for $2,000 I might as well go the whole distance and buy new. I doubt I'm the only person with this feeling.

If you were somewhere in the $1200-1500 range, I think that it would be a much easier sell.
  3. MaineMike

MaineMike Member
    from Maine

Not too bad

Right now the remaining STs are selling at a reduced price through PlowsUnlimited, and they are brand new with the 5 year warranty, so for the moment, I would be inclined to think that $2,000 might be too steep for a used plow that is 3 years old. Given a choice, I'd spend a bit more for a brand new setup.

But here's the thing: Once the STs are completely sold out, folks are going to have to go with a plow such as the 22, which is more expensive (at least as quoted from my regional dealers) and at that point, a $2,000 used plow might look to be more attractive.
  4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Except you have to buy a conversion kit to use it with the 22 series mount which is all that's available for newer vehicles. So that makes it less desirable as time goes on.

If you find a buyer with a jeep so the mount and harnesses work. I think 2,000 is a fair price if the plow is in very good condition, and you have all the parts, harness, mount, controls, lights, etc..

Otherwise 1200/1500 is about right. If it's not a jeep the buyer will need at least a new mount, maybe a light harness and adaptors. Depending on the variables it could be $800 in parts before paying an installer to put it on the truck

Just an opinion.
  5. MaineMike

MaineMike Member
    from Maine

Good points all around, Basher. And I forgot about the adapter cost issue. That certainly could be a factor, depending on the buyer.
  6. rubiconwestern

rubiconwestern Junior Member

i am interested in your plow, email me at johncockerill@optonline.net
  7. Boutallnite

Boutallnite Senior Member

Thanks for all the input.