1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Figuring a bid for deicing.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mike_dmt, Oct 21, 2008.

1. mike_dmt

mike_dmt Member

I've done some homework, and have all my preliminary numbers together. But, I was wondering what the best way to bid for liquid deicing.

Do I go strictly by how many gallons I put down? If so, what is a decent markup per gallon?

Should I go by time?? X amount time + material?

One account will be on contract so I want to err on my side. But the rest will be on a per app basis.

Anything helps, thanks!

2. Snowdog22

Snowdog22 Junior Member

Here in central Iowa the price of mag. chloride is $1.15 a gallon. This is the third year I have done deicing, and I have always done by the gallon. This year I am charging $3.15 a gallon. Hope this helps.

3. mike_dmt

mike_dmt Member

Thats what I was hoping to hear. Is your price for residential the same as commercial?

4. mike_dmt

mike_dmt Member

Does this sound right to the rest of you guys?

I know you dont like to quote prices on here too much. I just wanted to see if I'm close.