1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fifth third bank bidding

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Burkartsplow, Jun 10, 2009.

1. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

What is going on Guys, Hope all is well this spring. I am bidding on fifth third banks and wondering if anyone has dealt with them for snow plowing. They are looking for fixed price bidding and they are three year contracts. You can fill in a different price for each year to include inflation and price of material and labor. They are all your typical bank lot sizes ranging in size from 15K sq ft to 30K sq ft. 1.5 inch trigger, salt every visit and when icy conditons occur, calcium on the walks and return trips every new 1.5 inchs of snow. First time bidding on fifth third banks and wanted to get a feel for if they go low price or in the middle range on most bids. If you want to pm me any ideas do so to keep your pricing on the down low that is cool. I am running bulk salt if that helps with price. I have an idea I just want to throw some more numbers around. Thanks guys.

2. red347lx

red347lx Junior Member

good luck man

3. juspayme

juspayme Senior Member

yea really

4. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

What's up man? I have never dealt with 5/3 but we do 7 local banks. They pay well and never complain, they all just want everything to be done asap.

Good luck Bossman

5. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I do one local bank. They pay very well.

6. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

Kinda funny, we were just talking today about targeting a few more banks this year. They want plowed often, salted every time, and walks cleared and ice melt applied. We get quite a few day storms and 3 or 4 trips a day is never a problem.

Bossman

7. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

I plow a few other banks and they always pay well. But they are all per push and this is my first year bidding on 5/3 banks and they want seasonal, but if y ou get them it is a three year contract which is always nice to have. I ended up bidding on 24 of the 100 or so in the northeast ohio region. I have 10 that are within 5 to 7 miles of my shop and the others are by where I run my subs out of so we will see. I have another large bank bid packet coming in a month or so. So the fun begins for bidding. I am hitting it real early this year, already singed four of my apt complexes up for next year and working on my two ymca's that i service. I just like going into the fall not worrying about snow contracts. I hate the feeling. Well I worked the numbers last night and sent the bid in this morning. They are due tomorrow. I had to overnight them. I should find out in a month they said. Well i am off to the gym, have a good one.wesport