1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fiberglass stakes

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by aceman819, Oct 20, 2006.

1. aceman819

aceman819 Junior Member

I'm in search of a mfg who can provided me with a quote for 300 of a 4' high fiberglass stakes with a pointed end to place around driveways for snowplowing. Can anyone help me?

Aceman819

2. M&A Property Maintenance

M&A Property Maintenance Senior Member

3. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Click on the ad above for Central Parts Warehouse or try Angelos.

4. Mick

from Maine

I buy them in bundles of 100. Last time, I think they were $40 a bundle for the plain 48" ones without any reflector on top.

5. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

Doesnt your local Home Depot have them? Ours does. I pay $2 for the plastic 4'ers with the blue or red reflector on top. (Lollipop reflectors)

6. Chefdrp

Chefdrp Member

I went to HD and got some 10 foot sections of electrical conduit(sp). $2.00 per section. cut in 2 and i have 1 buck for each pole. after holloween go buy some glow in the dark pain on sale and be done.

7. rfed32

rfed32 Senior Member

wait till the other plow guy puts them out and go take them lol jp

i used wooden stakes and paint them for the lots and i put them in right b4 its going to snow and take them out right after the snow melts they arent the best looking all winter long when its not snowing

8. hutch

hutch Junior Member

Longer stakes for BIG snow?

Has anyone seen a fiberglass stake in longer sizes, like 10 feet. Right now I buy 10 foot pvc, 4' rebar stakes and DOT reflective tape, but it's labor intensive to put out and maintain. I plow about 3/4 mile of dirt road and 5 driveways. By February, I've only got 2 feet those showing.....
    [​IMG]

9. Mick

from Maine

By that time, you should be able to tell where the edges are by the banks you've formed to that point. I don't need stakes to go by after the first couple storms anyway. But, no, I've never seen plastic stakes longer than 48" for sale.