1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fiberglass reflectors?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Blink74, Nov 25, 2008.

1. Blink74

Blink74 Member

I see a lot of guys marking hazards with fiberglass reflector rods. I've found them at local stores but they are like $2.50 a piece and I need a bunch. Is there a place to get them cheaper? Also, the ones I found were yellow and I would prefer a color that stands out like red or orange.
  2. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

Look up Angelos on the web. They are listed under plow stakes I think. I have a little over 600 of them out this year.
  3. Woodland

Woodland Senior Member

I bought a bunch from CPW this fall. They were $1.87 each (multiples of 36 I think). They have a reflective band around the top and you can get them in hi-vis green or hi-vis orange. This is my first season with them and haven't had a chance to plow yet, but just driving by the accounts they stand out and I think look a lot nicer than wooden stakes painted orange. Very professional looking.
  4. Blink74

Blink74 Member

I think I'm gonna order a hundred from Angelo's. They seem pretty cheap. They're don't break easily and are made of fiberglass right?
  5. lmarine

lmarine Member

Star Products right here on this site
  6. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

The only reason they break is if you stack snow on top of them, of run them over. I probably break 5 to 10 a year, but I replace closer to 25 to 30. People seem to steal more of them then I break. Not sure what they do with them, but at .47 cents a piece I figure they are cheap enough not to worry to much about them. I have over 600 of them out this year and haven't had to plow yet, however driving through my lots, I see that about 12 of them are already missing.
  7. big acres

big acres Senior Member

We lost way to many to theft to ever try it again. Placed about 500 two years ago and brought back less than half... sticking with wood lathe.

I'm seeing more irrgation flags being used every year... can't see how they can be much help.