1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fiaher HD 8' - Poor back drag?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Tom Greenleaf, Mar 14, 2005.

1. Tom Greenleaf

Tom Greenleaf Junior Member

Any body have a suggestion on how to enhance the back drag of a Fisher HD 8 foot plow. I only plow a few driveways with a 1997 Chev 2500 and that plow but it doesn't back drag worth a dime. Other one did ??

TIA for any info. Tom Greenleaf, New England
  2. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Add a back drag edge- you will have to make one or have one made for you. Usually an old cutting edge and a couple pieces of stock are all that's needed for supplies. When you wear down the trip edge enough to install a cutting edge they do scrape better backdraggin than the trip foot does, but not lots better.
    Saw a guy with a drag edge made from angle iron- long piece for the edge and 2 small pieces to attach it to the blade....
  3. tessdad

tessdad Member
    from S.E. MA

I make and install back drag angles. Approximately $250.00 - $400.00 depending on size, regular or heavy duty, and normal hang loose style or auto lift when raised feature. (must work on that wording)

Re: cutting edge. I also suggest removing and drilling a new set of holes two inches down from the original holes. This modification does trip a bit easier, (as if you were to install an eight inch cutting edge) But, it back drags better, especially when used with a back drag angle, also lets you use up more of the expensive (and getting worse) bolt on cutting edge. I have been doing this for years and have have many customers refer friends for the same treatment.

E-mail me direct and I will send you pictures, etc.

There is a link at my simple web page that will take you to me. And soon I will have pictures posted there as well.