1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fgawr ford 250 2007

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by CGLC, Oct 8, 2009.

1. CGLC

CGLC Senior Member

I was looking at a 2007 f-250 xl 5.4l 4x4 long box single cab fgawr and it listed on the door only 4000lbs? 1. Is it just the type of coil it has in it. 2. Can you upgrade the coil? 3. If you can upgrade the coil is the axel going to be affected negatively.

2. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

Yes this number is pulled from your springs and you can increase it with upgraded springs as I did to my F350. However, you do not want to exceed your max axle rating, which in your case I believe is a dana 50, few if any plows on the market however will put the kinda strain needed to break an axle so feel free to swap out them springs. Its an ultra simple job, and will level your truck nicely.

3. sbrennan007

sbrennan007 Senior Member

Go with the 6000# factory Ford coil springs. Their spring code ends in 'AC'. About an hour to swap them out in your garage and they'll make a world of difference and carry the plow just fine!

4. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

i used the 6000's and tossed on timbrens

5. ZamboniHDB

ZamboniHDB Senior Member

I have a set of 6000# coils taken off a 2007 F250 with only 241 miles on them if you're interested.

Just my .02¢

6. sbrennan007

sbrennan007 Senior Member

Post the full part number off of them and what your looking to get for them and I'll bet they'll be gone in no time! ussmileyflag

7. ZamboniHDB

ZamboniHDB Senior Member

5CZ-5310-CA

True wholesale pricing is $44.75 each.

This isn't the items for sale forum so, anyone interested can PM me.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2009
  8. ZamboniHDB

ZamboniHDB Senior Member

Keep in mind that's a two year old part number and I'm sure in true Ford fashion, that part number has been superceded.

The coil spring code is the last letter, which is C.

9. ZamboniHDB

ZamboniHDB Senior Member

Second to last letter.

10. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

where did you get the 6K's from? im looking at throwing in 7K coils in my 09 and the dealer wants like 175 per coil. ive heard guys paying like 75 per coil and was wondering where they got them from.

11. ZamboniHDB

ZamboniHDB Senior Member

They came off of a 2007 F250 with only 241 miles on the truck. The wholesale price that I had in the previous post was from '07. Like everything else, the prices have gone up. I believe current list for the 6K springs are up to $95.00 each and the 7K springs are around $110 each.

12. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

are these prices from a dealership or a parts distributor?

13. ZamboniHDB

ZamboniHDB Senior Member

The prices were from the dealer that I have a wholesale account with. Prices obviously change and last check were those that I had previously posted. I don't pay too close attention to list price when I get a part, but I do when it comes to my wholesale pricing.

14. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

i got my 6000's for 70 sumthing, dealer.

15. ZamboniHDB

ZamboniHDB Senior Member

How long ago?

Not all dealers sell at list price. Not all dealers will set a business up with true wholesale pricing either!

16. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

few months ago, find a dealer that not only knows,,,but cares about trucks, first one i went to said not to order the springs cuz i was "increasing the GVWR of the truck beyond the manufacturers standard capacity" so I told them oh,,well i blew the coils out on my f450 and they then "couldn't order them" because ford doesnt tell the dealer capcity of the springs they only tell them a code not a part number, after 5 minutes of jibberish i walked.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2009