1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

FF VS Electric Grease for battery terminals

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by Lynden-Jeff, Dec 7, 2007.

1. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff PlowSite.com Addict

So Im just cleaning up my battery terminals and I remember Fluid film can be used to protect them. Does fluid film in any way inhibit the electrical connection? Would a di-electric grease be better?

2. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Not to offend Dano in any way :nono: but I'm guessing the dielectric grease would be better for this application.
  3. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

greaser up

i agree also dielectric grease is all that should be used ,trucklight has been making and selling it for year's and year's ,ask the over the road trucker that put's a 1/2 million mile's on a truck the stuff does a job !
  4. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

We actually wire brush them clean and then we put this red terminal spray on and when dry we then put on FF.
  5. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

I would say Fluid film
    Dano " International Truck uses us internally on all their battery terminals and grounding points" from lawnsite
  6. 85F150

85F150 Senior Member

I would use somethign that doesn't inhibit the flow, di-electric grease is great and everything but it inhibits flow, its non-conductive.