1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

FF on Pinewood Derby car = Winner

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by Camden, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I found a new use for Fluid Film last night. My daughter's youth group had Pinewood Derby races last night and she cleaned house in her division (she was the fastest girl over all). She won 3 out of her 4 races and the only time she lost was to the 3 time defending champ in the final round.

I had people coming up afterward asking if I had purchased the "premium" axles and wheels and some of the ultra competitive dads suggested that I had sanded down her stock axles :dizzy:

Little did they know my only secret was that I used Fluid Film. Everyone used graphite but I figured I might as well try something different if we had any shot any winning. What a fun night!

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

I remember when I was in the scouts my dad got the axles and wheels. Also he lengthened the wheelbase and put all the weight in the back. I used the same car for a couple years, just sanded it down and gave it a new paint job. It was really fast but it was funny how 2 years in a row the car was "accidentally" dropped before the final race. Both times a wheel came off and you weren't allowed to work on or fix the cars. Funny how the same kid won every year his dad was the troop leader or something
  3. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Good thinking Roy and congrats. I bet that was a real bonding experience also.
  4. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Thanks Dave! That lack of snow around here has allowed me to spend a lot more time with my kids which is probably the only upside to having a snowless winter.