1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

FF is it a waist of MONEY ???

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by B&E snowplowing, Dec 3, 2007.

1. B&E snowplowing

B&E snowplowing Senior Member

Being from Canada, the only place I found FF was at a local Canadian Tire Store, I have wanted to try the product for some time but was unable to find it..... Since I found it I thought I would buy 3 can at $15.00 per can so I could coat my plow, as I have huge issues with the snow sticking to the plow..

More is better right, so I used all three can on one plow. Guess what SNOW STILL STICKS.

Did I do something wrong ??? or did I just waist my time and money.
    Brian

2. deckboys

deckboys Senior Member

i know what you mean with the 15 bucks a can...it sux... i haven't tried FF on the plow i use like a candle wax, or pam cooking spray

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Can;t believe he said that!

attack.jpg

4. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

i wasnt impressed with it either, i got a few sample cans and sprayed it all over and it was gone by my senond driveway, lol

5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I think the problem is just the guy whose using it!:D:waving:

PS GP, your side is getting pretty rusted!

6. Boondox

Boondox Senior Member

I never tried it on the blade; figured just the abrasive action of snow would take pretty much everything off of anything. But I've found nothing better at undercoating the truck, winter proofing my mini-excavator, etc. The stuff is phenomenal!

7. ECS

ECS Senior Member

Last year I sprayed the little sample can onto my BOSS 8 2 V. I plowed 248 driveways and never had a problem with the snow sticking. November - March, one spraying of FF. I would say it does work.

8. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I just use it for rust proofing and it works really well. Never saw a purpose to spraying it on my moulboard all the time.

9. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

couple things, what is the condition of your plow? is it rusty or super smooth? F.F. is not intended to keep snow off the blade, it just so happens that it can have that effect. Its best used as a rust inhibitor and lube.

the reason I don't use it to lube the blade (I just wax it in the fall) is because it collects dirt and would make it look bad. but i use it everywhere else and it really lasts a long time.

10. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Holy crap man, where ya been? Was wondering if you were alive and kicking yet, good to see ya back.

11. Dano50

Dano50 PlowSite.com Addict
    from CA

I knew you guys would come to my rescue! :drinkup:

I generally like to stay out of these threads until some more feedback piles in. Grn Mtn has it right. Fluid Film was not formulated to keep snow from sticking to the plow. Its #1 function is to stop corrosion, and it does that better than any competitive product. Because of the nature of the product, however, it remains very slick and wet. That combination has proven effective in this industry to help keep snow from sticking to blades, in snow blower chutes, to headlights, as well as keep locks from freezing.

In order to be fair on this subject, I am going to start a poll. We are not afraid of negative publicity. We always want the truth to be told about our products. Please be honest when speaking about Fluid Film's effectiveness in this area. I'll post it in the Fluid Film forum.

12. ECS

ECS Senior Member

Good to be back Mark. Been one heck of a year for me. It is a little slower now and here I am. How ya been?

13. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Pretty good, I hear ya on that kind of a year. I wanted to hook up with you back in July, was in your neck of the woods for over a week. Had a blast, kids loved it. Still very, very, VERY jealous of your life. :nod: