1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

FF for Firearms???

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by grec-o-face, Mar 11, 2010.

1. grec-o-face

grec-o-face Senior Member

Whats the verdict?

Anyone have any experience here???

2. Plowfixguys

Plowfixguys Senior Member

I use it to protect my large game rifles and a few shot guns when not in use. I haven't been brave enough to use it as a lubricant though.It does clean the breech and bore nicely (with a bore brush). Not good for cleaning gas ports couple of custom ones I have.
    When ever I take them out for use I just use some "gun scrubber" to clean them up. respray when I put them away.No rusting yet!

3. grec-o-face

Yeah, I'm going to stick with my CLP for cleaning.

I was just wondering about long term storage of stainless pieces.

4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

It works great for guns. I use it all the time.
    For long storage I would spray it on a rag and wipe the gun down.
    Keeps slide actions and auto weapons working great.

5. Plowfixguys

Plowfixguys Senior Member

I think it would be great on stainless

6. oman1999

oman1999 Senior Member

Works excellent. No problems with rifles, autos and revolvers. I use it for operation and storage.

7. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

I think I'll stick with my gun lube & grease. It's an idea....but that's one area I don't want to experiment in.

8. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

:salute: Remington gun oil will get the job done, I don't want a film on my gun, then it'll just get heaviver and heavier and heavier and soon I won't be able to walk around with it :eek:

9. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

I agree. I have been using it for a while.

I use the Rem. oil while i am hunting. Or after I shot the guns. I use FF, when i put the guns away for long storage.

10. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

Strike Hold is the cat's azz for gun cleaning and protection.It's so good that guys in the military who go overseas,bring a can with them.It's also a fantastic product for electrical connectors,circuit boards,and the like.Will displace water better than anything I've ever seen.

11. TwiceStroked

TwiceStroked Member

Ditto here.
    Mike

12. tuney443

So don't believe me,For others here you go.

Strike - Hold
    While visiting a local gunshow, I came across an impressive product demonstration for "Strike-Hold". I learned that it has some amazing qualities that are unlike any other cleaning solvent. This demonstration showed an electrical cord being plugged into a 120 volt outlet, turning on a 60 watt light bulb, then it was dropped into a bucket of water. This would normally trip the circuit breaker . . . . but it didn't. The light stayed on.

The light bulb was first sprayed with Strike-Hold. Having treated all of the metal contact areas of the extension cord, light bulb and light socket, the water just couldn't penetrate to the metal parts . . . . which would have caused shocking results. The high dielectric strength of Strike-Hold is so great, that it prevented Mike Huggard (CEO of MPH System Specialties) from being shocked as he reached his hand into the water and picked up the lighted bulb! Well . . . . Mike was totally un-phased. The water just beaded up on the light bulb and ran off.

Imagine how Strike-Hold would protect your firearms in damp conditions. There's no chance of getting rust on your guns with this stuff, because it migrates to every exposed part. I've used this product a jillion times, and it is awesome. I've also found a lot of other uses for this product, because it is such an effective cleaning solvent. Strike-Hold is also being used by our military for use on weapons that need a fast cleaning, often avoiding disassembly.

Mike invented this product, and his hands are literally in this stuff all the time. The government also approved it as a safe chemical to handle. He does not recommend trying his "electric" demonstration, and will not be held liable if someone fails to heed this warning. But you should get a can of Strike-Hold, and give it a try on your guns and fishing reels. It will keep your equipment clean and functional when you need it.

You can get this product from:

MPH System Specialties
    1-866-331-0572 (or) 941-488-2795
    www.strike-hold.com

13. RepoMan207

from Maine

I asked my step father and then my brother in law about this stuff....they've never heard of it. One of which just retired from the Army last month after 30 years of service, the other is stationed in Kentucky right now just back from his second tour in Iraq by the way of Germany. What does this stuff have to do with FF anyway? If it is what you say it is, then it was most likely designed and engineered for Firearms.

I didn't see anyone object to your first irrelevant post. :confused:

14. grec-o-face

I agree Repo.... kind of odd....
    :dizzy:

15. tuney443

I can't help the fact that your relatives never heard of Strike Hold as there's plenty of products that both you and I never heard about either.I just found out about it about 4 months ago at my buddy's plumbing supply store where he sells it.Most of his plumbers who use it in the course of their business also use it for their firearms as that's what it's original intended purpose was.It has nothing to do with FF,just like some of the other posts here regarding their favorite oils/lubes have nothing also to do with FF.I noticed you didn't try ragging on them.:confused:If you go to Strike Holds site,yes indeed you will see a firearm placed on their can,for some reason it wouldn't open the pic here.I was just trying to be helpful,really didn't think it was irrelevant at all.

16. tuney443

See Post #15

17. grec-o-face

Thanks for your recomendation Tuney.

:rolleyes:

18. RepoMan207

from Maine

Preciously my point.

------------------

The few other posts that I saw were nothing more then.....Gezz, I don't know if I would try it kind of thing, I would rather...or prefer such and such brand.

Your absolutely right, some threads go WAY of topic at times, but this one one definitely was on the right track....IHO.

I'm glad this thread keeps getting bumped though, I'm hoping someone with some vast knowledge of both firearms and FF can definitively say yah or nah. I'm not sure this is going to happen at this point though.

19. tuney443

:rolleyes:
    Your welcome.:rolleyes You know,it's not that I'm anyway affiliated with Strike Hold,because I'm not in any way,shape ,or form.I hear first hand what these X military guys and hunters are saying about the stuff so I just thought I'd pass it on.Everybody should keep an open mind--know what I mean?

20. tuney443