1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

FF as Motorcycle Chain Lube?

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by vegaman04, Mar 21, 2012.

1. vegaman04

vegaman04 Senior Member

Will FF work as Motorcycle Chain Lube? Has anyone ever tried it or would there be any draw backs?

2. jb1390

jb1390 Senior Member

I find it flings off faster than a thick grease. If you ride slow it might be ok.

3. Dano50

Dano50 PlowSite.com Addict
    from CA

Warm up the chain and it should soak right in. Wipe off any excess and you should be good to go.

4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

The longer you let it soak in, the better. If you get a little sling off on your pants, you'll smell great.

5. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

no!....chain and cable lube!

6. SHAWZER

SHAWZER PlowSite.com Addict

tymusic we use to race in mud, we tried everything on our open chain drive transfer case, fluid film was the only lubricant that worked for us! :drinkup::drinkup:

7. Dano50

from CA

Thanks! Thumbs Up

8. SHAWZER

SHAWZER PlowSite.com Addict

tymusic what year did fluid film first come out? we started using it in 1989-1990. just curious. :drinkup:

9. Dano50

from CA

Would you believe 1943?

10. birddseedd

birddseedd PlowSite Veteran

http://www.amazon.com/DuPont-Teflon...1354590493&sr=8-1&keywords=dupont+chain+saver

http://www.lowes.com/pd_213197-3996...dupont&pl=1&currentURL=?Ntt=dupont&facetInfo= (i read this one works better than the chain specific one, i dunno, this one does clean really really well)

I will use nothing else on my ride. nothing..... period.... contains several world standards in lubrication such as moly. with the power of Teflon. Nothing more than very fine suit sticks to it.

but, it does not soak into the metal, which im reading is how im reading FF works. so that being the case i can imagine using these two products together would be a VERY POWERFUL combination. FF to protect the metal. dupont chain saver to clean and lube.

in the old days guys would bake their chains in a pot of teflon, you can get galons of FF in liquid form right? could you do the same (without the heat)?

Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
  11. birddseedd

birddseedd PlowSite Veteran

Im actualy pretty excited about this idea. using both. makes me want to go buy a new chain just to try it :D