1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Few Videos of the XLS pushing snow

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by NEUSWEDE, Jan 1, 2011.

1. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

Had to go clear a private road we maintain in the summer. It is a development that is in phases and some roads don't need to be plowed in the winter. This is one of them but we Have to do some drainage work on the road Monday so it had to be cleared to get trucks in, so I took a few videos of the 08 f550 with the Fisher XLS pushing some snow.

enjoy

Snow bank View
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqZvYi4bCKs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8c0J1TdsJ_A

Inside The cab View
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TBXvcl3exc

2. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

and people wonder why trannys in plow trucks need to be replaced so often. Try coming to a complete stop before shifting. Poor truck

3. KMBertog

KMBertog PlowSite.com Addict

videos look great!

the back up alarm would drive me crazy though :dizzy:

4. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

Hahaha I know usually I am better about it. When I was recording that I said to myself someone is going to call me out on this haha.

Yea you get used to it after awhile I don't even notice it anymore. It helps with morons running in back of it and with a huge blind spot it is hard to see anything the camera helps.

5. Maleko

Maleko Senior Member
    from Ct

looks like fun..

ya that backup alarm would last about 10 min ...

6. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Nice vids, love the setup.

7. cda817

cda817 Senior Member

I think its time I get an XLS...you don't even hear the alarm in the cab

8. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

Truck looks great Dylan! Is the screen for just a backup camera? Or do you have other things for it?

9. turbo5560

turbo5560 Senior Member

nice work! What kind of strobe lights do you have on corners and what type of power supply do you have for them?

10. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

Thanks

Just for the rear view camera. I have one on the back of the truck and my enclosed trailer I run in the summer has a camera on it as well for backing up. Haven't needed to watch any dvds yet haha

They are Whelen oval leds. No power supply needed just need power and ground and has an additional wire for changing flash pattern.
    http://www.awdirect.com/whelen-grom...ing-light-amber-lens-5ga00far/warning-lights/

Very bright and i like it because it can't get caught up in tree limbs or anything like a strobe would , I have 4 in the headboard and 2 on the rear columns and then a rectangular leds on the outside column.

11. turbo5560

turbo5560 Senior Member

are they pretty easy to install and wire up?

12. lawnproslawncar

lawnproslawncar Senior Member

Is that a 2wd F550 or are you just in 2hi?

How does that XLS stack compared to a V?

13. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

cut out an oval hole and then just run a power off a switch and ground the light and good to go. Then the flash pattern switch can be run to a momentary switch that is powered to change the flash pattern.

14. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

I didnt think it was all that bad... I shift like that most of the time and knock on wood, I havent had to touch a trans yet.... we run allison's tho :D

Nice movies bud :drinkup:

15. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

it's 4X4 just in 2wd I like how the XLS stacks over the V, The V stacks higher but stacks less. The XLS stacks more each time. I don't have to worry about stacking on any of my accounts due to the fact we get paid for push backs and have plenty of room to put snow.

16. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Love ur set-up.....i got to see a xls work with me last storm, and man was i impressed....they also work well with my xv.....great plow...

17. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

Both are great set-ups as I own both but my XV is moving to backup status next year and adding another XLS as it is much more efficient for my situation.

Thanks for looking I will be adding more as the winter goes on.

18. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

where do you have the camera set up on the dump? and what type of conection do you have to the trailer i would think this would have to be kept super clean. and where did you get the set up?

19. bigbadbrad

bigbadbrad Senior Member

love the vids, that xls is a beast

20. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

Awesome videos, and that's a nice setup you have