1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Few snowdogg questions

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by 04trd, Dec 19, 2013.

1. 04trd

04trd Senior Member

Hey guys I've had my snowdogg hd75 for 3 years. Worked amazing. I was really impressed so I purchased an hd80 and an ex90. The 8 foot for my new gmc 2500 and the 9 foot for my dump. I went to one dealer to get one plow installed and another dealer for the new truck cause the car dealer I bought the truck off of got me a discount on getting the new dogg installed. Here's the problem, when I switched the plows the turn signals were opposite. I turn the left signal on and the right turn signal would light up on both plows. So I called the dealers up cause I want both trucks the same incase I have to change plows and they say just simply flip the wire from one head light to the other. Sounds simple but if I have to switch plows back I have to deal with the same crap. I asked if there was anything I can do to make each truck the same, so I can switch plows if I have to. They were just point the finger at the other dealer saying they installed it wrong. Both dealers said that to fix it properly that I have to take one of the trucks to the same dealer so they are both installed by the same dealer. Any quick fix or check of the wiring on the trucks so that the plows are interchangeable? I know taking it to the dealers would be the easiest but I don't want to spend the money to re do a truck that just got wired.

My second questions is I just watched a boss video on aiming headlights. Can I use the same set up as he did?
    http://youtu.be/7tyXukuaId4

And third. Can anyone tell me where I can find the snowdogg wings cheaper than my dealer? Their price is 680 out the door. I bought one set from them but I was seeing if I can find them cheaper. I tried craigslist and e bay with no luck.

Thanks for the help guys! Sorry if the first questions is confusing I really wasn't too sure how to explain it all with out throwing the dealers names out. Don't want to be bad mouthing businesses when they both have been good to me.

2. JSutter101

JSutter101 Member

The harness is labeled on both the truck side and plow side, A and B. When the truck side harness is laid out it determines which one is the left and right. Since your trucks are laid out different and everything has been installed, I suggest you extend and reverse the truck side turn signal wires where they splice into the trucks original wiring. You could try and flip the whole truck side harness, but that may take too much time or become a headache to re-route all the connections.

As for aiming the lights, that video is a good reference to follow. The bolts on the headlights are 19mm or 3/4".

Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
  3. 04trd

04trd Senior Member

Cool thanks for the quick response!

4. gene gls

gene gls PlowSite.com Veteran

I was eyeing up the wings the other day on Snow Dogg web site, too pricy for me at that price.

5. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

We've recently added quick connects in the turn signal wires where they exit the relay box. Those can be swapped to "flip" the turn signals to address your concern (several trucks, several plows, etc.). Your harness wouldn't have this feature given it's age - but the idea remains the same.

Look at the large harness that exits the relay box and runs to the grill. In there are 2 purple wires (different tracers). You can cut and flip those wires (or put quick connects on) and you'll swap the L+R sides. That is, by far, the easiest way to accomplish this. So you can have all of your trucks and plows with A on DS for example.

6. 04ram1500

04ram1500 Member

I got my wings for $ 558 at my dealer locally, try raggin' on them a little. After all you just bought a new plow from them.

My whole setup: HD80, wings, wiring, truck mounts, install was 4,170.00 before tax