1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Few ?'s one post. Equipment - what I have and want to add

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jvm81, Nov 13, 2010.

1. jvm81

jvm81 Senior Member
    from Midwest

Ok - lost a sub this week - no longers wants to help cuz he makes to much money farming.

So I have 4 trucks and plows, sanders, 3 utility tractors, two skid with pusher and snow bucket.

Here is the ? Do I purchase a blower for the skid and have this machine go b/t the large residentail drives and commercial lot or find another sub or by another truck or buy another tractor.

Money is cheap if finance thru a dealer. Yet the BOBCAT blower I am looking at is an SB200 blower at 72 inches with tax for $5560.00

I have enough trucks, tractors, and anything wlse I will need to find work for during the summer months where as I have the skid to utilize with a $5600 attachement.

Anyone run blowers on skids? Or would you consider something different.
  2. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

The only problem with just purchasing the blower, is it will tie up one of your trucks to drag it from one account to another, unless they are all close enough to drive the bobcat to.
  3. jvm81

jvm81 Senior Member
    from Midwest

Small area and yes one guy drives to and from. Just looking at accounts, hours on job, based on last year - I can keep a bucket at a commerical location and switch to blower to help do housing. I am leaning towards the blower at this point.

Now is the blower worth the $5600? Good deal compared to others who bought a skid mount blower.