1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Few questions installing fisher speedcast on 85 F150

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by tanker6, Nov 1, 2007.

1. tanker6

tanker6 Member
    from CT

Hey guys Im putting a 7.5 fisher speedcast on a 85 f-50 with a 300 six. I got the plow off a 86 150 so im sure the plates and wiring will fit. my question is where should i mount the pump on the inner fender? what does that pully line up with on the motor to drive the pump? also is there any way to get instructions on how to mount this stuff? mainly the wiring everything else seems pretty straight forward. Also my plow has arms that go under the front diff and bolt to the frame under the cab. I assume these are to take some stress off the front end and transfer it farther back in the frame. my problem is that one is rusted and I was wondering if they are really needed or just a heavy duty option. thanks for any help

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

3. tanker6

tanker6 Member
    from CT

thanks that will help out alot. of course I threw away my ac compressor and bracket which I guess I needed for the hydro unit. sweet.

4. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

I got pics of 83 ford engine compartment that has the pump, pump bracket and control valve installed if that would help?

plow arms are good thing to have, and some people say there not needed if you dont have them

pump runs off the fisher drive pulley, fisher drive pulley comes off the drive pulley

Last edited: Nov 3, 2007
  5. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

6. tanker6

tanker6 Member
    from CT

thanks dare dog that will get me started in the right direction the rest I'll just figure out as I go along.