1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

few question for pros plow weight ??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by treefarm, Jul 10, 2016.

1. treefarm

treefarm Member

first off thanks for looking i had a 2009 f350 5.4 with a 8.6 extreme v last truck loved it , however time has moved on and i sold it last December bought a new 2016 f350 6.7. my question the new v2 are so much heaver, but look so much better built looking to go 9.6 this time. I fond the old setup was not wide enough. The new truck has the snow plow prep and 6000 pound springs in front dealer says no sweet , i just don't know ?? they would say anything to sell $6200 plow lol wanted to here from you guys with the set up . don't really do commercial any more just my rentals and some old accounts family yuck free loaders :)
    take care
    truck 2016 f 350 6.7 super-cab 6 ft bed

Last edited: Jul 10, 2016
  2. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

If the manufacturer states you can do it, go for it, as long as you put the correct ballast in the bed.
    Do you realy need the 9.6? If your only doing a few sites.

3. treefarm

treefarm Member

thanks but 9.6 is a must large rental property that's why i sold the 8.6 with the old truck. well the 6.7 is heavy like to here from some one with the close to same set up have to drive some times 40 miles to one family's house . Don't really care about ballast have a fuel tank and tools in box all the time well over 1500 pounds , just like the old set up. I had to add leaf springs 3 moths old to this 2016 this pice of sh## it is so god dam week now for weekend worries towing their boats to the lake, its half the reason i am asking will this new truck handle the weight .the old truck 163,000 miles sold and leaf packs didn't even bend and that was 7 years of hard work hauling everyday loads of ceramic title , lol the new truck sagged so bad in only 4 moths of use good grief , i hop the front will not do that too ???

4. treefarm

treefarm Member

hers the old girl last day i owned her wish i never sold her :-( 168,000 7 years no sag lol ford better get their act together or time for a ram

5. treefarm

treefarm Member

one other thing power coat yellow or ss ?? which is better ?? like the yellow for safety on the road high visibility price is not a big deal 300 dollar difference let me know what you guys think thanks

6. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

My current is 14 F350 similar to yours except 156WB, my MVP3 is 11-4"

No problem.

7. treefarm

treefarm Member

cool how much does it weigh ??

8. 1olddogtwo

1100ish with wings

I also carry 200 gals of fuel/tool box.

I use airbags in the back

9. treefarm

treefarm Member

thanks great to here no issues with my back now lol 1000 lbs of add leafs per side. i always level my trucks 2 inch blocks in front for 35 inch tires by the way stock wheels fit perfect for farm ,but this is the first time i had to add leaf springs to a 1 ton truck to take care of back end . my new plow says 1044 cant believe it take care

10. treefarm

treefarm Member

same thing always have diesel 80 gallons for farm tractors plus tools in box take care

11. 1olddogtwo

Good looking truck, I really love the look and maneuverability of a SCSB....but a Crew cab serves my needs. I don't even have a back seat in it

I noticed the leveling kit in first pic. I also have a 2in.

I personally like the SS myself.

12. treefarm

treefarm Member

well thanks for all the input just laid 5000 cash down being installed tomorrow Tuesday truck side and picking up plow Saturday total 6534.00 done cash a little cheaper about 270.00 off not bad went with SS 9.6 V2 could have saved if i went power coat but what the hell it's a business write-off anyway. what do you do for maintenance with SS ??? thanks

Last edited: Jul 11, 2016
  13. treefarm

treefarm Member

well the plow looks great and did not even squat the front of truck they did a great job with the install, no air bags in coils will be needed. Now one stupid question i am sure the dealer will tell me when i pick the plow up this sat what do you guys do to the SS wings ??? wax or ss polish ??? thanks

ps just cover up the kid faces he did a nice job on my truck lol but i don't think he wants to be on the net :) the blade was up 3 inches truck as you can see was not even flexing thank god take care

14. 1olddogtwo

I really don't do anything during the season except carwash after a event. After the end of season, I like to do a good cleaning, pulling panels and apply a coating of FF.

The center pin likes lots of grease, youll need a special fitting for it.

Glad ur happy the performance of the truck.

15. 1olddogtwo

here's a shot of mine

16. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Make sure you double check the T Frame is level. Looks be leaning down a bit.

17. treefarm

treefarm Member

nice looking setup their , yea that's not the best picture its touching ground on slab in shop perfect level. i am sure i will have too do some adjusting however its going to be hanging in air most of the time for gravel roads lol never float unless it stays frozen all season and hard packed take care and thank you for the advice

18. treefarm

treefarm Member

wow the speed is so fast of-coarse its 90 out side ,but its so quite compared to old plow??? and fast ?? do you think its because of the two batteries in truck ??? looks like it will stack a lot higher then old plow ???

19. 1olddogtwo

20. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

So how good are the dogs at the hot dog joint?